What's new

Talcum Powder ?

not really missing out buy using powder, but if must try some i recommend clubman powder it has that nice old barber shop sent :wink2:

I use talc after my shave (over my moisturizer). It keeps my neck smooth and keeps sweat from stinging during my bike ride in. I also use it to keep my personal bits dry and comfy. I use TOBS Mr. Taylor Talc

talc is invaluable in the tropics...a generous pouring (while holding your breath until you vacate the room) on the chest,back and groin area helps to keep you dry,I like borotalco,roberts, from italy and ponds,yardley and cuticura from india...

Been using talc for 4 years now. I dust myself all over after I shower. It really cuts down on the sweat/moisture especially in the crotch area, I will never go back to the days when I didn't use it.

Clubman talc - great scent, but only "okay" performance IMO
Gold Bond & Shower to Shower - pretty good and cheap
Mysore Sandal Talc - pure sandalwood scent with a floral undertone (which at first I didn't like but it's grown on me). Smells great for hours, great performance
Cinthol Deo Talc - great scents, pretty good performance

As far as after the shave, if I want a really finished look, I will put just a little Clubman talc on my hands and rub over my face. The talk fades away after a while and it leaves you with a really smooth look. It's also great on the neck in the summer if you wear a tie.

I have just started using Clubman Talc. I have to wear a BP vest, polyester shirt and pants all year round. I was told about the "dress sock method". Just fill up an old dress sock with the talc and "poof" the sock where ever you want the talc to go. The system works well and it really saves me in the hot months in the city on patrol. The Clubman also smell real good.

Been using talc for 4 years now. I dust myself all over after I shower. It really cuts down on the sweat/moisture especially in the crotch area, I will never go back to the days when I didn't use it.

Clubman talc - great scent, but only "okay" performance IMO
Gold Bond & Shower to Shower - pretty good and cheap
Mysore Sandal Talc - pure sandalwood scent with a floral undertone (which at first I didn't like but it's grown on me). Smells great for hours, great performance
Cinthol Deo Talc - great scents, pretty good performance

YES !! If you live near an Indian shop the mysore talc is cheap and wonderful....

I just happened upon an Indian store recently and picked up some Mysore Sandal soap. If only I had known about the Mysore Sandal talc I wold have looked for it while I was there. Eh well, this give me an excuse to go back and look. :001_smile

I just happened upon an Indian store recently and picked up some Mysore Sandal soap. If only I had known about the Mysore Sandal talc I wold have looked for it while I was there. Eh well, this give me an excuse to go back and look. :001_smile

while you are in there you may find some godrej creams / alum blocks

while you are in there you may find some godrej creams / alum blocks
I did inquire about Godrej, but the shopkeep said he did not carry it because it didn't move very well. I will work on him again, next time I'm in there, and see if I can persuade him to see the folly of his ways in not carrying Godrej.

Talc has been my best friend in the hot and humid Houston summer. A fine dusting all over keeps me dry and non-chafey. :001_smile

I discovered the magic of talc quite recently after a trip to Truefitt and Hill's Toronto location. After receiving a hair cut and a dusting with talc, I found myself noticeably less wet after walking in the humidity.

I had a dickens of a time finding any talc locally though. Shoppers Drug Mart and Wal-Mart were both a bust, so I ended up ordering Clubman online. I've been using it for 2 weeks now, and am loving it.

Powder is a great go-to product, I've always used it. There are the traditional talc based powders like Clubman, or you could try a cornstarch based one.

Top Bottom