What's new

North Alabama gtg interest??

I would but I don't get there until July 5th. Then I need to move into a new house and make sure SWMBO and the kids are settled in first. I am new to wet shaving so any chance to get tips would be nice. Used a DE for a couple of weeks with good results and switched to Straights a few days ago, couldn't help myself :)

I would be. I a problem related to Anderson Hills though as my house was damaged by the April 27 tornado. It's coming back together but spare time is still rare. I would still try to make whatever can be arranged. If it's a Saturday it will have to be afternoon.

I'm definitely interested!!!!!!!!!!!

dm, hate to hear you guys had damage but hopefully it wasn't too bad and your and yours all made it without injury. My folks still live back home in Mt. Hope. That sucker was on a beeline for them until about 2 miles out and bumped north. ended up flattening everything about 2 1/2 miles north of them but they had one dead limb dropped out of a tree. Thank God!

I'm definitely interested!!!!!!!!!!!

dm, hate to hear you guys had damage but hopefully it wasn't too bad and your and yours all made it without injury. My folks still live back home in Mt. Hope. That sucker was on a beeline for them until about 2 miles out and bumped north. ended up flattening everything about 2 1/2 miles north of them but they had one dead limb dropped out of a tree. Thank God!

My family fine & thanks for asking. Even the house is coming along. Couple more or so and we should be moving furniture back in.

Hmmm we are getting folks from all over Alabama. What location for a gtg would suit the most folks. What do you think Mike?

Hmmm we are getting folks from all over Alabama. What location for a gtg would suit the most folks. What do you think Mike?

My vote is for Bridge Street Starbucks (in the Barnes and Noble bookstore)

This is where Malache and I met a few weeks ago.

It is central for most of us, and most importantly only a few people stared at us as we filled up a table with shaving supplies. :w00t:

sounds like a great plan to me!!! As long as it's Wed-Sat, I can likely be there. Sundays I reserve for my family and church. My wife has classes Mon-Tue so I have kid duty those evenings.

Bridge Street Starbucks works for me too. For me TOD is not that important because I am retired (sort of....). I can at least manage my time a little better than when I was working, although I am busier now than before retirement. If I had to go back to work, I don't know where I'd find the time.

BTW guys, I found out yesterday that Stymie's barber shop in Bridge Street does straight razor shaves. Looking at some videos, it looks like the guys know what they're doing, too.

Guys I would love to, but our stuff just got delivered yesterday and the house is full of boxes. I don't think SWMBO would appreciate me sneaking off to a shave get together and leaving her here with the kids and an unpacked house. Hopefully I will make the next one!

I can't make it tomorrow either, it appears. SWMBO is planning a "date" for us...which I won't complain about since with three kids we don't get much time together. I definitely want to get together with you guys so lets keep trying.

Top Bottom