What's new

Taylor vs. QED Lavender Soap

I am new to wet shaving I have tried classic shavings Lavender, smells great but dont much like the way it lathers. so I thought I would try either, Qed or Taylor brand LAVENDER SOAP anyone out there know how Qed stacks up with Taylor?

The QED will be similar to Classic's, as they are both glycerin-based soaps. The Taylor's will be different since it is a tallow-based product. Personally, if you are looking for a good soap, I would forgo the Taylor's and pick up the Kent (dirt cheap on eBay right now), T&H or Harris products. All of these produce thick, rich, beautiful lather.

tosolg said:
I am new to wet shaving I have tried classic shavings Lavender, smells great but dont much like the way it lathers. so I thought I would try either, Qed or Taylor brand LAVENDER SOAP anyone out there know how Qed stacks up with Taylor?

I haven't tried Classic shavings soap in Lavender - but I have tried it in 5 other scents, and for the LIFE of me, I can't get it to work worth a damn In this review I have pictures of classic shaving soap lathered - as well as QED Violetta - so you can see the difference. I really enjoy QED's soaps, and QED Lavender smells simply divine, but I've got to agree with Scotto, and mention T&H makes a superb shaving soap as well. In fact - if the floris sale is still going on, that would be a good route as well.

Scotto said:
The QED will be similar to Classic's, as they are both glycerin-based soaps. The Taylor's will be different since it is a tallow-based product. Personally, if you are looking for a good soap, I would forgo the Taylor's and pick up the Kent (dirt cheap on eBay right now), T&H or Harris products. All of these produce thick, rich, beautiful lather.
What does the Kent smell like?

glycerin or tallow what is the difference? ok, classic shaving soap is glycerin base would crabtree & evelyn be a tallow base ? as I have tried c&e and now would have a base of reference. SOL G

Top Bottom