What's new

Free razor honing for the first 10 people.

I got a new coticule again and I wish to play with it. I have learned the stone well enough to produce some very pleasing edges and I would like to pass them on to the first 10 people to respond to this thread.
The requirements are as follows: Razor must be in good condition and needing only minor honing such as touching up a dulled razor or a new razor that has not been honed at all yet. No blades that are chipped or pitted or otherwise in disrepair please. You don't want to take advantage of me do you? Please include $5 for return priority shipping in the box with the razor or you can use paypal when the work is complete if you must. If you are INTL and wish to participate the small flat rate box is about $13 instead of $5. Thats the prices from the post office i am not profiting at all. My honing skills are just fine but I can hone my own razors just so many times and I enjoy honing.If you have never experienced the joy of a coticule edge this is your chance if you are one of the first ten to respond by pm please. Thank you

Last edited:
I'd love to take advantage of this. I've been considering buying a coticule, but would love to see what the edge I'd like first.

Very nice gesture.

I just got my first straight that I am restoring and need it re-honed. It has an edge and isn't dull but it definitely would take some work to get shave ready. Great gesture though! Too bad I can't take advantage of it.

I hope I got in on this on time! I just picked up a new straight that I'm falling in love with. It's actually damn near shaveable with just some time on a pasted strop and some passes on the horsehide side, but I think it should really be honed before I attempt to shave with it. this would be really amazingly wonderful timing if I manage to be in the first 10.

The Master Razor Fred'K. Dutcher & Sons St. Albans VT by mattface, on Flickr

Thats a fine looking Razor. Congrats on the score.

Thanks, I'm not really a collector of straights, but I couldn't pass this one up. I have one Wade & Butcher I like, but when I found this one I was really drawn to the unusual profile, and I also think it's really cool that it is an old St Albans VT Pharmacy brand which adds to the uniqueness as well as some local heritage. Google tells me Frederick Dutcher was known for his insecticide preparations, and that he died in 1899.

I can see the attraction to the razor. I haven't been to Vermont in many years. I used to go skiing at Stowe and Killington in the late 70's and early 80's with family. Beautiful up there all year 'round.

I got a new coticule again and I wish to play with it. I have learned the stone well enough to produce some very pleasing edges and I would like to pass them on to the first 10 people to respond to this thread.
The requirements are as follows: Razor must be in good condition and needing only minor honing such as touching up a dulled razor or a new razor that has not been honed at all yet. No blades that are chipped or pitted or otherwise in disrepair please. You don't want to take advantage of me do you? Please include $5 for return priority shipping in the box with the razor or you can use paypal when the work is complete if you must. If you are INTL and wish to participate the small flat rate box is about $13 instead of $5. Thats the prices from the post office i am not profiting at all. My honing skills are just fine but I can hone my own razors just so many times and I enjoy honing.If you have never experienced the joy of a coticule edge this is your chance if you are one of the first ten to respond by pm please. Thank you

Pictures or it didn't happen.

:001_tt2:

Attachments

• $IMG_1955.jpg
    $IMG_1955.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 124
Top Bottom