What's new

VDH Brush Question (Boar Question too)

I will admit I got started with the VDH Shaving kit that is available at CVS, and I actually like the VDH Brush, after it is really broken in except the bulge in the picture attached, which is were my fingers are, and it is solid right there.

Hard to describe - if I didn't do a good job, I apologize. I'm willing to bet this is a thing with the VDH Brush, or maybe I got a bum one? I know it's not the highest quality brush to begin with, but it works well enough for me, and if I could get a brush just as good - with out that bulge I'd be a happy man.

I have a couple of cheap badger brushes, and the synthetic Body Shop brush, but they don't have the bulge. My dad has two of the VDH Brushes and has used them for years, and I used it when I was back home a week ago but I honestly don't remember if it had it! But I am curious if all boar brushes have this bulge also?

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• $downsize.jpg
    $downsize.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 94
No shame in linking the VDH brush. I like mine too! Basic tool that does its job well.

Having said that, none of my boar brushes have that bulge in them. My sample size of boar brushes is seven. Maybe somebody else that might own more (very likely around this place :)) can chime in as well.

It's not in either my 610 or 620, nor in the Omega I purchased for a friend (didn't use it, but did open the pack to check). I think it would be a fine brush if it wasn't for that bulge. I actually bought a 2nd VDH just to cut in half and see what was up, that's just glue or epoxy or whatever they use to hold the hair in the brush.

Low end boar brushes can be a little generous with the glue that holds the bristles together. I've seen plenty of budget brushes where the base of the brush head feels hard as a rock, which I assume is the extra blob of glue.

Dave

Low end boar brushes can be a little generous with the glue that holds the bristles together. I've seen plenty of budget brushes where the base of the brush head feels hard as a rock, which I assume is the extra blob of glue.

Dave

This; I have a cheap drugstore brush with the same issue. One day the knot fell off and you could see the glue wasn't at the base of the knot but almost half an inch higher between the bristle.

Dave

+1

Top Bottom