What's new

Yet another, recommend me an aftershave

Okay.... I like the feeling (after the burn) that I get from Clubman. For me its a good splash aftershave. It leaves my face feeling soft and moisturised. In the summer I like something that is not a lotion. I am looking for something that has a nutral smell or is not long lasting. Somedays (date night with the wife) I need to wear my cologne and smell a little more Metro I guess.

I highly recommend Myrsol Emulsion from Spain, a light balm with a neutral scent that nourishes the skin nicely...

Proraso or Floid blue are good starters. There are also tons of aftershaves that are not neutral but where the scent fades quickly, Speick is an excellent aftershave that falls into that category.

Speick and Proraso come to mind and happen to be my 2 favorites. Both of the scents dissipate quick but you really can appreciate the scent of both upon application. Both are wonderful for the skin as well and come in splashes. These 2 will always be in my rotation.

Is boosters like Clubman in terms of being a little oily? Meaning not just like water

Boosters has alcohol, and glycerin for moisturization. I don't get any oiliness from it at all, but you can certainly tell in contains glycerin. It's about $10 for 14oz I think. I forget because when I get mine, I decant it to a nice glass bottle ;-) Give it a try, I like the Mosswood, Oriental Spice, June Clover...well, pretty much all of them, lol.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
If you like the Clubman, get a bottle of Pinaud Classic Vanilla.

I've used Clubman as my "go to" AS since 1982. The Classic Vanilla just replaced it! I got some at Merz in Chicago, and it is my new favorite.

Top Bottom