What's new

Sandalwood Cologne Question + a Bergamot Cologne Question

Hey Guys,

I was thinking of picking up a bottle of T&H sandalwood. I just wanted to know how the scent compared to Trumpers Sandalwood or MPG Santal Noble.

On a different note do you have any recommendations for a good Bergamot based cologne. I'm not looking for a one note cologne, just something that has a good amount of bergamot in it. I have a bottle of Acqua de Selva and I like it alot. The only problem is it only lasts about 20 minutes on me.

Thanks,
Phil

Anything that has lots of neroli probably has bergamot. C&S Neroli does not list bergamot as a note, but I would say it is there. Castle and Forbes Limited Edition Neroli, if you could find it. Hoyts.

I do not know T&H sandalwood or Trumpers very well. I can't imagine that either has the depth and complexity of MPG SN. I assume the T&H is fairly light. I do not know where T&H falls on the creaminess scale.

Don't waste your time with T&H's reformulated Sandalwood. To be quite frank, it's just not a sandalwood. It's aquatic mainstream crap. Do yourself a favor and go for the MPG. It's one of the truest and best representations of sandalwood in the fragrance world and the best thing outside of real pure sandalwood oil IMO.

Don't waste your time with T&H's reformulated Sandalwood. To be quite frank, it's just not a sandalwood. It's aquatic mainstream crap. Do yourself a favor and go for the MPG. It's one of the truest and best representations of sandalwood in the fragrance world and the best thing outside of real pure sandalwood oil IMO.

d'accord! Even the reformulated version of the Santal Noble is better - it's stellar!

Well, that makes things easy since I already have the MPG SN and Trumpers Sandalwood. I really like them both. Thanks for the recommendations.

-p

MPG is very, very nice, but I think I actually like Villoresi's Sandalo better. Truth be told, my favorite of all the conventional sandalwoods is Art of Shaving's EDT.

Anyone know of a place where I can get a sample of the AOS sandalwood? Would anyone recommend Taylor's sandalwood cologne?
I've tried a bunch of Taylor's colgones. Alot didnt't work for me, but Mr. Taylor really hit the spot.

I know this is a little of topic, but which Musgo Real cologne blends the best with the aftershave. I have the splash and balm, and I love them both. Right now, I ususally apply Mr. Taylor after using the splash.

-p

Top Bottom