What's new

Thayer's Original Witch Hazel vs. Thayer's Witch Hazel AS

I found some Thayer's Witch Hazel at a local drugstore today. I was really excited to actually find something locally. Once I got it home, I realized that this is the original Witch Hazel, but not the same product listed as Thayer's Witch Hazel AS.

Can someone tell me the difference between these products?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've not seen or used the "aftershave" version, but it appears as if the difference is that the A/S version has double the alcohol. I use Thayers Original with good results, followed by other aftershaves, so I don't think I miss the extra alcohol content.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
OK, it appears there are 3 flavors - the Original comes in both 10% and Alcohol free. I've only used the Original with 10% ..

I would go with the original and add your own grain alcohol to taste......I mean feel. I have both and will not be rebuying the AS. I hate that it doesnt have an orifice either. Of all there stuff the AS should have something on it. One thing I have done is add the Thayers unscented to Aqua Velva and it works great. I was down to about 50% and filled it up with the Thayers and perfect. The color is not as blue but the performance is better and the scent is not affected at all.

I just did the exact same thing. I got the original (with alcohol), not the AS. It looks like it will last a looong time, so I won't be trying the AS soon. I talked my daughter into sharing it (cleanser, make-up remover, anti-acne, etc.), so it shouldt go more quickly.

Top Bottom