What's new

Photo Editor for Mac

I need a free and simple photo editor for an older Mac. (10.5)

I just need to resize to 640x480 and rotate a picture. Some automatic recolorization would be good but not critical. I put this out for a PC, some time ago, and got great suggestions.

GraphicConverter X - Lemkesoft.com

Quote: "More than 1.5 million users worldwide swear by GraphicConverter X | Classic – from amateur photographers to professional designers. The press has dubbed the program the equivalent of the "Swiss penknife" describing it as a "universal genius for photo editing on the Mac" "

GIMP is loaded. If you run Chrome there is an extension called Aviary that does everyday photo editing.

I need a free and simple photo editor for an older Mac. (10.5)

I just need to resize to 640x480 and rotate a picture. Some automatic recolorization would be good but not critical. I put this out for a PC, some time ago, and got great suggestions.

If this is only about one photo, please shoot me a PM and I can probably do the editing for you. Otherwise, if it is an ongoing thing, it looks as if the guys have found some interesting leads for you.

I have ongoing pictures to do. Thanks djh, for the offer. I tried Seashore and it's making the pictures that I'm converting to 640x480 too small. I'll try GraphicConvertX next.

I installed the GraphicConverter X and it looks smooth. I found my Israeli Persona.

I'm still having a problem changing the size from a standard digital to a 640 x 480, which I need to resize to post on a form for work, so it can be emailed. Graphic converter gives me two options, that might be what I'm looking for. The scale or the crop functions are confusing me. Which will change the size?

Scale makes you change the percentage. If this what I need to do, I will calculate the reduction from the original. Croping gives you the option of changing to a 3 x 5, 4 x 6 etc. I don't think that's what I need. Any further help would be appreciated.

If you just want to resize a photo to 640 x 480 you can do it easily in Preview. Just open the photo in Preview, then go to:
>Tools
>Adjust Size
> Fit Into
then select 640 x 480

Top Bottom