What's new

Georgetown Pottery Free Shipping

Just an FYI all, I got an email from Georgetown pottery saying they were having free shipping 'til the end of the month with the code bride2b.

ElTiante, thanks for posting this. Gents, if you've been on the fence for one of these scuttles, right now might be the best time to buy. I was able to score a scuttle that is considered a second by contacting GPT over the phone. Jeff assisted and has processed a scuttle for me for $30 shipped! Jeff mentioned that he had quite a few scuttles that for whatever reason did not meet the exact guidelines of the product. By this, he implied that there would be a slight imperfection in the product. In the case of my scuttle (Hamada & Persimmon), the red tones are slightly "redder" than the should be. I don't know about you guys, but I sure can live with that kind of an imperfection!!!!!

I spoke with Jessica today. The "free shipping code" bride2b is meant for Internet sales of new items. Phone orders for seconds have an $11 shipping charge on top of the $30 cost for a second. I was torn between ordering a new scuttle with free shipping or a second with $11 shipping, a four dollar difference. New product would not be available for about three weeks, so if you want something new and avoid shipping, act today or tomorrow. If you can live with a three-week wait, here's your chance. Every scuttle now in stock is a second.

I raised the question with her, and said I'd order through the web site and take free shipping. She then talked with someone, however (I don't think it was the owner), and like haberdashery I'm getting a scuttle, a second, for $30 shipped.

I like working with these people. Jessica is knowledgeable and professional. If you want one of these, it's time to act.

Doug

I like working with these people. Jessica is knowledgeable and professional. If you want one of these, it's time to act.

Doug

And you'll be getting a great scuttle! My G-5 is a work of art, and I had a hard time choosing the glaze - they are all stunning. What glaze did you get?

Hamada and Blue.

I could live with any of them, but I like H&B more. And, as fortune would have it, they had a few of those still around.

I think that it's in the nature of the complex work they do in ceramics, with firing and glazing, that some in each batch (hopefully as few as possible) come through with imperfections. No matter. I'm really looking forward to getting this scuttle.

Doug

I had a G5, and it was very nice, but I became a face latherer shortly, thereafter.

They also have available a "brush scuttle." Two versions...there is the older more upright one, and a rounder version 2.0 or whatever they are calling it.

Not available on the web, however...perhaps they'll extend the sale to you because you can't get it online. Worth a shot...for face latherers, it is wonderful.

Shaving Scuttle Mug (G5) Hamanda & Persimmon (for $45). Looks a lot like the Dirty Bird Scuttle I alrady have. I really like the scuttle in the winter & I mix SS & SC when i bowl lather - Luxury!!

I picked up the G5 in Hamada...
OK OK, I told my wife about it and she told me to order it from her for my Birthday in August:w00t:

Joe.

Also just ordered the G5 in Hamada as well. I have a black latte mug that I used, and I am partial to the color. The brown color is a nice earthy touch to the black. Hopefully it arrives shortly after my Colonel does.

Top Bottom