What's new

Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Hi,

While traveling in the states I was more than happy to find a bottle of Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum.
I used it like after shave but it is burning like hell .....maybe it is an eau de toilette and not an AS ....no mention on the bottle....does Pinaud have an AS and an Eau de toilette ?

This is the 12oz bottle

http://www.clubmanonline.com/clviisbayru1.html

Thanks for your feed back

Tam

Last edited:
I've experiemented with most Clubman products and the BR does have a low flash point. If you spash witch hazel first then the BR, a little bit of the bite is reduced. Or simply hold on to the bathroom sink a bit harder or try the old bullet between the teeth trick.

I use the Virgin Island Bay Rum as a body splash, simply because I noticed the bottle (at least mine) doesn't say "aftershave" anywhere on it :p

I use Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum occasionally and it has a different feel than regular aftershave. Regular Clubman has that alcohol burn, the Bay Rum has this warm, heat like burn.

Someone said not long ago that it's kind of the "warm" opposite of the "coolness" of menthol, if that makes sense. I do a cool water rinse and witch hazel after a shave, and it's pretty warm but not unpleasant.

Think I'll give it a splash after my shave today. Thanks for the inspiration! :001_cool:

I tried it 1st time yesterday, and did get a little burn even though I put it on much later in the day hours after shaving.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
You can reduce the burn by doing a cold water splash first, and then make sure your hands are very wet when you dispense the [AS].
Gene:
+ 1 :thumbup:

Tam:
Because AS's are mainly alcohol-based...I love how Clubman Aftershave smells...so crisp, pleasant and fresh with hints of orange, lemon, spice and lavender with a manly 'touch' of musk. :thumbup:

It has such a bold masculine and 'timeless' fragrance that instantly cools and refreshes my face and body and is a exhilarating freshener after my morning shower and shaving ritual. A little goes a long, long way that always 'lingers' through most of the day...plus the Mrs. loves it. :001_tt1:

Although it can be drying upon one's face, but with the addition of about 10 drops of glycerine per 6oz bottle; the moisturizing and toning aspects are greatly increased and 'kicks' this Aftershave up 'a notch'.

Also, this scent always takes me back when I was a young 'whipper-snapper' (back in the days of 'ol'e time'

Barber Shops
proxy.php
w/ leather strops attached to the Barber Chairs, shoe-shine chairs & polish and the faint aroma of Cigars),...after getting a fresh haircut ('high & tight'), and getting a 'splash' of Clubman and a scalp massage. Simply Bliss. :yesnod:

"Don't ask the barber whether you need a haircut [or shave]". Daniel S. Greenberg

In my opinion, this traditional scent alone should be a staple in every DE shaver's rotation, not to mention a great addition to one's Aftershave collection. :thumbsup:

Now that I'm a 'Big Boy' & all 'grown-up'....my scent of choice is Clubman...one of the true 'Arts of Manliness'!!! :lol1:

Christopher
proxy.php
"Hard work is the aftershave of accomplishment". Author Unknown

Last edited:
Gene:
+ 1 :thumbup:

Tam:
Because AS's are mainly alcohol-based...I love how Clubman Aftershave smells...so crisp, pleasant and fresh with hints of orange, lemon, spice and lavender with a manly 'touch' of musk. :thumbup:

It has such a bold masculine and 'timeless' fragrance that instantly cools and refreshes my face and body and is a exhilarating freshener after my morning shower and shaving ritual. A little goes a long, long way that always 'lingers' through most of the day...plus the Mrs. loves it. :001_tt1:

Although it can be drying upon one's face, but with the addition of about 10 drops of glycerine per 6oz bottle; the moisturizing and toning aspects are greatly increased and 'kicks' this Aftershave up 'a notch'.

Also, this scent always takes me back when I was a young 'whipper-snapper' (back in the days of 'ol'e time'

Barber Shops
proxy.php
w/ leather strops attached to the Barber Chairs, shoe-shine chairs & polish and the faint aroma of Cigars),...after getting a fresh haircut ('high & tight'), and getting a 'splash' of Clubman and a scalp massage. Simply Bliss. :yesnod:

"Don't ask the barber whether you need a haircut [or shave]". Daniel S. Greenberg

In my opinion, this traditional scent alone should be a staple in every DE shaver's rotation, not to mention a great addition to one's Aftershave collection. :thumbsup:

Now that I'm a 'Big Boy' & all 'grown-up'....my scent of choice is Clubman...one of the true 'Arts of Manliness'!!! :lol1:

Christopher
proxy.php
"Hard work is the aftershave of accomplishment". Author Unknown

Thanks to all of you :)

Tam

IME, it doesn't just burn, it hurts.

But I like it! Nothing wakes you up in the morning quite like the battery acid that is Pinaud Bay Rum. I like the scent too.

D

Top Bottom