What's new

Question about types of Brut

I recently bought Brut. The box says Brut Classic Original Spray Cologne. the back says 2008 Idelle Labs Ltd. Manufactured in Mexico. It's a spray bottle.

The stuff is very difficult for me to apply because it is too strong. It's hard to spray just a little bit. So I looked for Brut 33, which I understand to be 33% strength. But it's discontinued. Then I remembered reading some place that the current Brut is actually the 33. IOW, if I get some that is not called "original" it will be tamed down.

So I went over to amazon.com to see what I could see. I ended up being very confused. For example, I saw Faberge Brut. I thought Faberge didn't make it any more.

Can anyone help me sort this out? Basically I'm looking for a spray Brut that is not as strong was the stuff I have.

the brut made in tijuana is pretty much an unsophisticated remnant of the old faberge blend...if you want something more refined go for the brut made in paris,it's a winner..

<sigh> I hit a snag at the directchemist website. I tried to set up an account but the list of countries does not contain United States. It does contain various US islands, but not the US proper. I emailed them but they didn't reply.

Any suggestions about other places to order, or how to get the attention of directchemist?

Top Bottom