Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Forums Read

Images

Default Mark Forums Read

I'd like an option for Mark Forums Read from New Posts. I thought it used to be there. Have to got to Forums now and select Forum Actions and pick it from there. Unless I am missing something. Thanks!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'd like an option for Mark Forums Read from New Posts. I thought it used to be there. Have to got to Forums now and select Forum Actions and pick it from there. Unless I am missing something. Thanks!
    +1

If you double click on the 'shield' next to a sub-forum it will turn orange and mark all posts in it as "read". I know that's not quite what you're asking for but it does make it easy to remove forums you don't care to view quickly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.JPG  
    Last edited by nole1; 06-22-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    Brad

I think what the OP (and certainly I) were hoping for is a single-point click to enable ALL forums to be marked as read from the new posts page. IIRC, this option was not available in "B&B Classic Edition", but I could be mistaken. If that option is available in the new version, it sure would be appreciated, at least by me.
    [FONT=arial]John - [/FONT] If you enjoy the time you spend on B&B - [URL="http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/payments.php"][COLOR=#004499]become a contributor[/COLOR][/URL] and support B&B!

+1
    What we are looking for is a single click option to mark all read but AFTER we have gone through the new posts and finished. One click to mark all read, another to log off.....
    ===== Cordially, Serge D. =====

The problem is that this (see indicated) menu disappears when you view "New Posts." This causes a number of navigation headaches, IMHO.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails menu.jpg  
    Last edited by AlanL; 06-22-2011 at 10:18 AM.

What AlanL said. It is also strange that you can no longer click New Posts when you are looking at the new posts (to update the list.) You have to click Forum first, then use the additional options you see there. Alternatively read a thread, that also has the extra menu.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	markread.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	178476
    Last edited by rajagra; 06-22-2011 at 12:28 PM.

I'd like to see this brought back as well. Extremely simple feature but I miss it a lot.

Images

Any update if this might get added? It is still pretty annoying (to me at least).

My workaround is to view the main forums page in my browser, then never click a link to view another page in that tab, but always open every link from there in a new tab. That way the forums page is always available, along with its options menu.

Images

Yup, that is my current workaround as well. I usually open B&B, hit settings to check for subscribed threads, then open New Posts in a new tab, and then go back to Mark Forums Read on the original tab. None of that was necessary prior though, which is my point I guess. Buy your image above is exactly what I was getting at - if that bar were added back in, all would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'd like an option for Mark Forums Read from New Posts.
    +2
    Have a question or problem? PM a Moderator.

Make a donation or become a Contributor to B&B here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/payments.php

Images

Just open any thread and you can do it from there.
    Just call me Chris.

Images

What Chris said. If you are reading the last post in New Posts you can then access the menu at the top to mark all forums as read.

Not an issue for me. I don't see much need to do it.
    ~Jon~
    BBS Challenged

Member of the B&B 2011 Rudy Vey custom Brush Buy
    I gave to Soap For Hope
    I survived the 2011 B&B Upgrade

Images

Quote Originally Posted by _JP_ View Post
    What Chris said. If you are reading the last post in New Posts you can then access the menu at the top to mark all forums as read.

Not an issue for me. I don't see much need to do it.

Actually, it's very easy to do on the computer, but a bit of a pain when reading B+B on my phone.
    First World problems, I know :)
    Just call me Chris.

Images

Woot! Fixed, and thanks Mods!

Images

Question

Quote Originally Posted by nole1 View Post
    If you double click on the 'shield' next to a sub-forum it will turn orange and mark all posts in it as "read".
    Brad:
    Yes that's true, but you have to use the 'refresh' icon
    in order for the 'shield' to 'stay' orange thus marking all posts in the sub-forum as "read", (i.e., not bolded format).

The above method does work some of the time, but when it doesn't, (when there is more than five [5] posts [sometimes even less]), I have to 'open' the sub-forum and double-click the "Mark This Forum Read" tab in the 'forum tools' line and then 'refresh' in order for the posts to be marked as 'read'.

Seems to be a little bit redundant if the 'shield' functionality does not work as highlighted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.JPG  
    Last edited by The Count of Merkur Cristo; 09-24-2011 at 11:57 AM.
    Chris ~ Order of Pinaud, Head & Face Latherers Club United, Alliance of Merkur, League of Extraordinary Mild Shavers, Voskhod Comrades Club, Brotherhood of the Boar, Foxhole Shavers Club & The VDH Society!

Images

Wink Update!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Count of Merkur Cristo View Post
    Brad:
    Yes that's true, but you have to use the 'refresh' icon
    in order for the 'shield' to 'stay' orange thus marking all posts in the sub-forum as "read", (i.e., not bolded format).

The above method does work some of the time, but when it doesn't, (when there is more than five [5] posts [sometimes even less]), I have to 'open' the sub-forum and double-click the "Mark This Forum Read" tab in the 'forum tools' line and then 'refresh' in order for the posts to be marked as 'read'.

Seems to be a little bit redundant if the 'shield' functionality does not work as highlighted.
    Problem fixed by switching browsers from Explorer to Firefox!!!

"The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow". Bill Gates
    Chris ~ Order of Pinaud, Head & Face Latherers Club United, Alliance of Merkur, League of Extraordinary Mild Shavers, Voskhod Comrades Club, Brotherhood of the Boar, Foxhole Shavers Club & The VDH Society!

I cannot mark individual forums read any more, only all forums via "mark forums read". Has this changed or am I having issues on my end? I used to select the icon to the left of the forum...

Quote Originally Posted by brindle View Post
    I cannot mark individual forums read any more, only all forums via "mark forums read". Has this changed or am I having issues on my end? I used to select the icon to the left of the forum...
    I'm having the same problem, I though it was just me.....
    There comes a time in every man's life, and I've had plenty of those. - Casey Stengel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast