What's new

40s british tech help

i was recently givin a 40s English tech the one thing ive noticed is the sturdynes the bottom guard is more than twice the thickness of my 40's US tech. i shaves quite well i think that its agressiveness is between the NEW and the tech more on the NEW side no irritation like all current NEW shaves though it looks live someone has tryed to cut deep furrows in the guard bar on one side it is fairly rough. can anyone tell me how common or rare it is also how to remove the nicked plating so i can have it plated the nickel is ruined. ill try to get a pic on tommorrow if i can. it was purchased in 1951 as old stock it was military issue i think that he said.. it is the fat handled version like this one of achims http://www.mr-razor.com/ebay/1938-1966 Tech Evolution klein.jpg these were taken on my phone sorry about the quality.:mellow:

Attachments

• $Kirk 037.jpg
    $Kirk 037.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 25
  • $Kirk 038.jpg
    $Kirk 038.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 25
  • $Kirk 039.jpg
    $Kirk 039.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
The 40ies fat handled tech seems to be a fairly common razor given the bargain prizes you find them for on ebay. As for your questions relating to plating, I am unfortunately out of my depth but I am sure someone will chime in to help you.

Top Bottom