What's new

Any Michigan Interest?

Sorry it took so long to reply. It's called Churchills,its in Southfield on 12 mile. It looks to be a cigar and fine gift store. They do have a website but I don't know how to post a link. I just googled churchills in Southfield and I found it.

Sorry it took so long to reply. It's called Churchills,its in Southfield on 12 mile. It looks to be a cigar and fine gift store. They do have a website but I don't know how to post a link. I just googled churchills in Southfield and I found it.

BE FOREWARNED - I tried to look up the website & my virus protection blocked the site because it detected a Trojan Horse virus :scared:

Here is a place that might be another good idea for a meet-up site...
http://www.oldwoodwardshaveco.com/shaves.html

It is in Birmingham, hence pricey. $31 for weekday shave, $36 for a shave on Saturday.

I live in Grand Rapids, so the other side of the state from where most people here seem to be located. I'd be down for a meetup - also would love recommendations for any shave shops on this side of the state (or in Lansing, as my family there and I'm in town quite often).

As for the post above about the Old Woodward Shave Co., it's a great place. That's the brand of shave products put out by the The Barber Pole in downtown Birmingham. I had a shave there in April of 2012, and while it was slightly pricey, it was a very, very good shave. I was well taken care of. I recommend it.

So, is anyone still interested in meeting up? Early February looks like the best time for me, at least at this point. Is there a better way of inviting people/organizing a meetup?

For those interested, I'm hosting a meet on February 16 at my wet shaving store / workshop in Downtown Adrian, Michigan.

12:00pm - 6:00pm, come and go as you please. snacks, coffee, and will probably be ordering up some lunch too.

Honing, shaving, stropping instruction if you need it, also, minor restoration of straight razors can be done as you'll have access to 3 buffers, belt sander, drill press, lots of materials, etc, free advice / help with problems or restoration questions, etc.

I have a few guys from SRP coming, and a local or two so far but it is still early.

Lots of razors to check out, and while you're there you get to take a sniff of around 50 different soaps/creams to find what you like - something you can't easily do while shopping online. 15+ aftershave products, many preshave products too.

Address is:

Maggard Razors
124 Maiden Lane
Adrian, MI 49221

proxy.php

Maiden lane is a 1 way street (East to west) and there is parallel parking on the south side, but the easiest place to park is the huge parking lot right off of S. Winter Street. Parking is FREE. You'll see the Maggard razors sign and Open flag from the parking lot!

Last edited:
I should have posted this here sooner, but I started a thread to poll when people would be available to meet up in February. Please visit and enter your available date(s) in the poll, if you have not already done so.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/329974-Southeast-Michigan-meetup-in-February-2013

Also, it looks like a couple of dates have a higher number of people interested. If anyone wants to contact the people interested in a particular date to set something up, by all means, go for it. Thanks, and hope to see you there/then!

Last edited:
Top Bottom