What's new

Storing Blades

I'm about to order several years' worth of blades to save on shipping. These blades come only wrapped in paper. Do I need to store them in a certain way to maintain their integrity? If so, what would you recommend?

THanks for any input..

I've never had to store any blades for a number of years, but any that have set around for a year or so haven't shown any signs of going bad. All I've done is keep them in a tray on a shelf under the sink. Of course they've always been stainless steel blades so I'm sure that had made a difference. :wink2: :001_tongu :w00t:

I keep mine in a gallon ziploc bag with a desiccant pouch to keep them away from the humidity of the bathroom. Others use tupperware or rubbermaid containers and desiccant depending on the size of their stash of blades. You just want to make sure they stay dry so their edges don't corrode.

Some folks like desiccant, but you got to change it out periodically. Others say, keep them in a air tight plastic storage box and keep that box somewhere dry (ie, not in the bathroom). That's what I do.

$IMG_3651.jpg

-jim

Mine also reside in a gallon sized ziploc bag (real big investment there lol), in my closet.. I only keep 1 pack of feathers out in bathroom and my GEM ss by the 5 counts in my bathroom too.

I keep mine in a Tupperware type box in the sock drawer in the bedroom, well away from any damp. Never bothered with any dessicant and don't have any problems. Just grab a new pack when needed and leave that in the shaving cabinet.

Not worked out how many blades I have but there are several years worth!

Gareth

vacumm sealer from kitchen the bulk and rest in steel kitchen cannister with last pair of shoes silica packets have 3 major blades I use so they are put canister in zip locks

Top Bottom