What's new

A "While B&B was down" retrospective

The B&B downtime (and possible precursor to the shavapocalypse) allowed me to do some thinking about my shavedom shavejourney over the past shaveyear and a half. I will now share my shavewisdom with you.

1. We are nuts. Certifiable.
  2. I spend an unhealthy amount of time thinking about creams, soapies, and precious, precious brushes.
  3. Until I had been making lather for a year, I didn't know what I was talking about.
  4. I have the willpower of wet noodle. Reference: the 2011 Sabatical thread. I am a joke.
  5. Newbs: Don't get sucked in to "must have" soaps/creams, whatever. We get excited about stuff, but that's because we're weirdos, not because we actually found something as good as the emoticons would indicate :)w00t:,:drool:,:001_wub:, etc).
  6. Castle Forbes cream must be magical, pooped by unicorns. If I don't get any soon I'm gonna die.

The B&B downtime (and possible precursor to the shavapocalypse) allowed me to do some thinking about my shavedom shavejourney over the past shaveyear and a half. I will now share my shavewisdom with you.

1. We are nuts. Certifiable.
  2. I spend an unhealthy amount of time thinking about creams, soapies, and precious, precious brushes.
  3. Until I had been making lather for a year, I didn't know what I was talking about.
  4. I have the willpower of wet noodle. Reference: the 2011 Sabatical thread. I am a joke.
  5. Newbs: Don't get sucked in to "must have" soaps/creams, whatever. We get excited about stuff, but that's because we're weirdos, not because we actually found something as good as the emoticons would indicate :)w00t:,:drool:,:001_wub:, etc).
  6. Castle Forbes cream must be magical, pooped by unicorns. If I don't get any soon I'm gonna die.

I meet the requirements of one through five and have enough soaps & creams to resist #6, guess I'm improving my Willpower

If Castle Forbes is pooped by unicorns, imagine if you had a unicorn hair brush! Don't feel that bad, I really want to try out some "better" soaps/creams than the standard Palmolive I usually use. The same eBay seller I got my Merkur and blades from sells Col Conk for $8, or all 4 of the 'flavours' for $27 so I am quite interested. I also really want to try Cella just because... well, the advertisements make me amused and people give it a good review.

... Then there is bluebeards revenge, TOBS, Sir Irish Moos...

I blame my short visit to B&B as my source of poverty.

EDIT: Damn Virgin broadband! causes double posts :(

Last edited:
We may be nuts but we are shavehappy. That's what counts.
Ive only been DE shaving a month and I am proud to be amongst the crazies. :letterk1:

Even though I don't use shaving creams, I keep a sample of lavender scented unicorn poop in the house to fend off the... err... uhm... To promote a long and healthy shaving career.

My wife kept laughing at me every time the "B&B down" page appeared...apparently there is housework to do instead? Who knew? :D

-Matt-

Things I learn't while B&B was down;

1. The oil cleansing method will be tried by me this weekend to see if it helps my skin.
2. Eucalyptus oil is great for cleaning the floors when added to the regular floor cleaner
3. I never knew I could vacuum my entire house twice
4. Vegemite on toast with a fried eggs is awesome.
5. The internet is quite boring.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Even though I don't use shaving creams, I keep a sample of lavender scented unicorn poop in the house to fend off the... err... uhm... To promote a long and healthy shaving career.

Caught the coffee in my hand on that one before it splashed on the new computer monitor I bought my dad for Father's Day (I'm visiting).

Top Bottom