What's new

new pipe smoker here advice

right so a few months ago i decided to start straight shaving and came here for advice. now i am exclusivly a straight shaver :thumbup1:

so here i come for advice again...

sunday was fathersday and i being a father of two soon (god willing 3 in sep) feel that a pipe would fit my lifestyle decided to give it a go.

so this morning in the typical emmet fashion of ill give it a go went out and brought some corn cobs and some mellow virgina tobbaco.
i stripped the cobs and ate the corn, drilled out the center and side stuck a hollowed and wittled (for comfort in the mouthfeel area) bamboo stick and dried in a low oven for a few hours.

after putting the kids to bed i withdrew to my shead (pregnent wife and kids dont need my second hand smoke) filled and fired her up...
and again...
and again...
and then got her going ok (i was overstuffing )... is that a word :confused1 ..is now :001_tt2:

overall the experience was very nice
i am a very occasional cigar smoker but am now changing to pipes so my question is

where is the best place to source a cheap pipe (non cob please) possably in europe

i only need one as my smoking is a rare occasion but would rather spend my money on expermenting on some fine tobbaco (without comprimising it with a bad pipe)

second hand or new i dont mind though i am drawn towards straight ones

good ebay sellers ect welcome.

that siad i am considirng heading into petersons shop in dublin this week but any alternitives are welcome including clay

right so a few months ago i decided to start straight shaving and came here for advice. Now i am exclusivly a straight shaver :thumbup1:

So here i come for advice again...

Sunday was fathersday and i being a father of two soon (god willing 3 in sep) feel that a pipe would fit my lifestyle decided to give it a go.

So this morning in the typical emmet fashion of ill give it a go went out and brought some corn cobs and some mellow virgina tobbaco.
I stripped the cobs and ate the corn, drilled out the center and side stuck a hollowed and wittled (for comfort in the mouthfeel area) bamboo stick and dried in a low oven for a few hours.

After putting the kids to bed i withdrew to my shead (pregnent wife and kids dont need my second hand smoke) filled and fired her up...
And again...
And again...
And then got her going ok (i was overstuffing )... Is that a word :confused1 ..is now :001_tt2:

Overall the experience was very nice
i am a very occasional cigar smoker but am now changing to pipes so my question is

where is the best place to source a cheap pipe (non cob please) possably in europe

i only need one as my smoking is a rare occasion but would rather spend my money on expermenting on some fine tobbaco (without comprimising it with a bad pipe)

second hand or new i dont mind though i am drawn towards straight ones

good ebay sellers ect welcome.

that siad i am considirng heading into petersons shop in dublin this week but any alternitives are welcome including clay

Can't go wrong with a Peterson.:thumbup1:

Peterson pipes make the majority of my rotation and the system pipes are ideal for a beginner, you can read my review of them in the link below. I don't do buisness with European tobacconists directly so I can't really offer any advise on most tobacconists there, however I have heard good things about Peterson's Dublin shop and would love to visit it myself. Legion's BST sale Is a good price on a great pipe.

http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/s...m-pipes-peterson-standard-system-pipes&cat=67

Top Bottom