What's new

Home Business/Extra Cash

Hey guys-

I have been experimenting with different methods of making money...thrift store reselling on Ebay, short term trading on Scottrade, and some others. I have been only breaking even most of the time. I have money for a small initial investment, and around twenty hours a week - I am just stuck for ideas on how to make some extra money. I need to be in and around the house most of the time because of husband and father duties- If you don't mind sharing...what are some things that have worked for you? Thanks.

Last edited:
Wow...nothin. My heading might be a little misleading...as if I'm trying to recruit people for Amway or something.

ahahaha, yeah, that's what I originally thought.

I wish I had some ideas for you, but the biggest/only profit I've ever made "at home" was from having photographs stolen from me and used on a big company's t-shirt. I wouldn't suggest that route as it takes a lot of luck and sleuthing.

Good luck!

If you get any good ones let us know. I've been thinking of the same thing lately. Both my wife and mother in law are quite crafty, to the point where other people have asked them to make things for them once they've seen their stuff. My only idea at the current is having them set up shop at Etsy or something similar, but I'm not sure if that would fly with them.

I've also thought about custom building computers for people, but I don't really see the profit in it unless you can do it high volume.

I'm somewhat in the same boat as the OP, looking for something to do for income. With wife working a ton, young kids and my health issues, I'm stuck at home for the summer. Multi level marketing...no thanks.

I'm in the same boat. Storage Wars has inspired me to start a small business. My plan is to visit some local auctions to get familiar with the available merchandise and start research what type of market exists. I hopefully will have something going by the 1st of August.

My wife and I sell bread at a farmers' market, mostly as a hobby, but it generates a couple hundred bucks a week in summer income. Often, farmers' markets will allow the sale of crafts, woodworking, etc. Not sure if you have skills/interests in that direction...

Top Bottom