What's new

Shaving Cream recommendations

I'm Jerry and have been using Bay Rum soap and CE Bigalow cream. And today I used Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream and got the best shave I have had the best shave today! Of course, having a new Parker Badger Brush helps too!

What would you all recommend? What is your opinion on:
Tabac
Arlington
T&H 1805

Something subtile, gentlemanly:)

Best,
Jerry

I'm mostly a Tabac Soap guy, but I do like the Tabac cream very much and feel it's underrated . I bowl lather and usually let it sit on my face for ~2 minutes prior to shaving, it softens the whiskers and gives me a close comfortable shave, I love the scent of the Tabac products, with the exception of the EDT. I just picked up three tubes from Fragrance net for ~$4.65 each, a good value for 3.6 oz.

I recently got the concentrated stuff from Men-U, that is nice for travel teeny sized tube and about 20 shaves in each tube, and it lathers up like a snow storm in the alps.

I can only comment on the Tabac cream, since that is the only one I have used ... I usually SuperLather it with Tabac soap, but using T-cream by itself works just as well. Rich, creamy lather, that awesome Tabac scent, and a smooth, comfortable shave every time.

However, I find Tabac to be a cold-weather scent, and I use it extensively from November through March. It might not be the best thing for this time of year, but go ahead and get some, try it out, and hold on to it until the temps drop and stay below 50.

For this time of year, I know a lot of guys go with Arlington by D.R. Harris, a citrusy-fern type of scent, but I've never used it myself.

1805 is nice. I really like the scent.

If you want to know what it smells like without buying it, go down to Walgreen's and ask them to let you have a sniff of the Antonio Banderas Blue Seduction cologne. 1805 and that Banderas stuff smell virtually identical. If you like the smell of the Banderas, order the 1805 cream.

I've never smelled the Arlington or the Tabac.

Texan, where are you located? There's a salon supply shop south of downtown Fort Worth that is worth a look if you are in the area. I've picked up some Arko creams and sticks from them for a really nice price.

What does Arlington smell like? Who makes it and where do I get it?

It smells like 4711. Or perhaps fruit loops. Citrus, for me, and the soap has a little cedar too. The "vendor search" link in my signature should point you to some good purchasing options, all of whom support B&B.

I am located north of Houston on Lake Conroe. wish there were more places to buy shaving creams.

http://britishislesonline.com/

Greetings sir. That link is to a place in Houston that sells trumpers, tobs, and others. I've never been there but plan to stop in sometime. There is also a place on market street in the woodlands that sells aos shaving cream. I forget the name but it is a makeup store on the square. For me, I pretty much order online but like you, I'd like to visit a more traditional store if I could. Creamwise, might I recommend Nancy boy replenishing (cucumber), trumpers coconut, and for your gentlemanly scent my personal favorite tobs jermyn street.

I'm Jerry and have been using Bay Rum soap and CE Bigalow cream. And today I used Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream and got the best shave I have had the best shave today! Of course, having a new Parker Badger Brush helps too!

What would you all recommend? What is your opinion on:
Tabac
Arlington
T&H 1805

Something subtile, gentlemanly:)

Best,
Jerry

Hey Jerry,
Tabac is :thumbup1:
Arlington is :thumbup1:

The soaps are even better :thumbup1::thumbup1:

But if you're looking for cremes specifically, take a look at: