What's new

Of course the forum goes down...

the morning I try to cut my ear off.

Just a warning to all you newbie straight razor shavers out there, once you get to your fourth week or so DON'T GET COCKY. Blood in the lather bowl ruins the shaving ambiance.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
the morning I try to cut my ear off.

Just a warning to all you newbie straight razor shavers out there, once you get to your fourth week or so DON'T GET COCKY. Blood in the lather bowl ruins the shaving ambiance.

So does dried blood on the edge...

Sorry to hear that, from your statement it sounds like you only tried to cut it off and were not successful so here's to many great shaves in the future.

Ian

It is considered unnecessary bragging if you leave the blood in the sink for more than one day:w00t:

Take care - hope you get many great shaves with your straight in the future:thumbup1:

Yeah it was the morely, I was just completely not paying attention and when I went to start my cut I had the blade hanging out there a good extra inch! Went inside my ear and did a pretty mean slice. I looked for the camera, but at 6:00 Am it's tough to rummage around without waking the wife, so I didn't look to hard.

I don't know what the other motorists thought of me, but driving to work with a cotton ball in my ear seemed to do the trick and stop the bleeding.

Most importantly I learned my lesson!

I couldn't really tell if it was rough the first few shaves or if I was just a crappy newbie shaver. Now it shaves wonderfully though, even the heel where you were worried about it not being particularly symmetrical. I've noticed I can't use it every day or I get horrible razor burns, but every other day works great. I need to get the Halma razor honed so I can get a 2 day rotation going.

Top Bottom