What's new

Interesting Stropping Video

Sorry if shared before. My stropping technique was incorrect and my blade was getting dull quickly. I looked more strop videos, now i slow down and looks no problem. I found this one interesting and want to share :thumbup1:

Last edited by a moderator:
hi_bud_gl (chess1 on B&B) is a good guy. In my experience, he has always given great advice. There are some really really good stropping videos by Alan Davis, too, but I can't seem to find them right now. Search for AFDavis on youtube and they may pop up.

Good Video. Thanks. I will actually take the advice to improve my stropping. The wrist was always a no but layeing it in the hand the right way will improve on the transition back and forth.

There's no link on your post I'm in bad need of some lessons I bought a leather belt because I read it works to but I'm goona tell it didn't work for me I butchered the heck out of that belt.

That's incredible. I just watched this, ran off, and tried to strop my first straight (now relegated to experimentation) razor that I previously thought I'd incorrectly-stropped to dullness. It actually sharpened it considerably!

I really liked that the strop was horizontal to the floor. Maybe I missed the fact that that is proper....I always had mine at an upwords angle.....Can't wait to get home and practice tonight!

Top Bottom