What's new

Schick Type E Injector vs. Type I2 Hydro-magic

I just shaved with the Type E & got one of the best shaves I've ever had against my Ever-Ready & Gem Singe Edges. The one I even used is broken so I'm looking for another in good condition. So I have quite a few questions:

It has been said that these are the only two models hat can easily be cleaned. Is this the case or are there others?

How would you compare the shave quality to these two types? It is said that the Type E is the most aggressive & I need aggressive razors, so wondering if the Hydro-Magic or I2 will give as close a shave.

How do I identify the Hydro-Magic from the others?

What is the difference between the Type E & Type G. I see little to no difference.

And lastly based on the above information what do suggest I should be looking for in a long-lasting durable razor? Thanks

Between the E and G...Some of the E's you can turn the Spring to the left and the head opens for cleaning, but not on the G's...
The E is more aggressive than the I types, but you need to try them to see...All Schicks can give very close shaves, compared to DE's.
And the I2 has the Cleaning lever..see inclosed photos

Attachments

• $hydro-magic 5.jpg
    $hydro-magic 5.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 242
  • $hydro-magic 7.jpg
    $hydro-magic 7.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 243
Thanks guys, great information. I am now on the hunt for a I2, J3 or J4. All of these have the cleaning lever.

Top Bottom