What's new

Travel Turnback in Silvertip?

As summer travel comes upon me, I'm looking for a top quality travel brush in silvertip, and, frankly, any SR travel accessories I can find.

I'd prefer a turnback model, so storage/brush safety is all inclusive. Something like the Wee Scott isn't a viable option for me.

Thoughts?

The Rooney does look nice. Simpsons has a turnback in super and best. Vulfix has one in super for less than half he cost. I have the Vulfix. I can't do a comparison with the other turnbacks, but the Vulfix is not shamed by my home brushes. A smaller knot, less backbone, but the Vulfix is wholly adequate for home or travel.

I know it's not a silver tip - but - I have a Muhle turnback (nickle plated brass / badger) and I use it all the time for travel. In fact I just keep it in my shaving kit along with some Tabac, feather blades, and a few other odds and ends. I really like the brush, it travels well, has a nice feel and works quite nice to face lather. In fact I have liked it so well I purchased two more for my son's.

The T&H Turnback is super badger, which I believe is better than best badger, so a step below silvertip. You can't beat $58.65 after 15% BB11 discount. Mine should be delivered tomorrow. I'll report back.

I had a Simpsons turnback but find the knots too small...prefer shaving with larger brushes so ended up grabbing the muhle travel tube as seen in Pjotr's link above...works great and is as convenient to travel with as my turnback was...yet provides me with the flexibility of choosing to travel with a different brush...

Frank Shaving makes a nice Turn Back in Silvertip. Well constructed and very reasonably priced. Or....stop in at your local pharmacy and ask the Pharmacist for a prescription bottle (empty of course) that will fit your brush of choice. Drill a couple holes in the bottom for air to pass through and you're good to go. Price is totally right too

I received my T&H Turnback brush yesterday and tried used it this morning. The brush feels really nice and soft on my face. I am a dedicated face latherer. No scratchiness at all. The brush seems fairly floppy though. Is that due to the soft super badger hair or the low density of the brush? Much different experience than my C&E BBB, which is a great brush with slight scratchiness. Not as floppy as the T&H Turnback. They are both great brushes.

Adam, My Colonel specs are 22mm 100mm height and 46mm loft--my Chubby 1 is 23mm 88mm height and 47mm loft--- Gary Young has stated in the past that where knot is tied and place in handle can change characteristic as well as density. My Colonel not as much backbone as Chubby and looking at both I would guess that by seeing due to shorter handle and almost same length in loft that the Chubby shows no floppiness. Your T&H at 22mm, 150mm height (50% more than Colonel and almost double Chubby) and 50mm loft (adds to floppiness and softness for "painting strokes--great with creams) tells me to expect not as much backbone. Never-the-less this makes a great brush for travel and for creams and a luxurious feeling to applying product. Have a great trip this 4th---merv

It's definitely floppy as you mentioned...great painters brush! Not as much backbone as I would like, but it makes nice travel brush.

Top Bottom