What's new

Aftershave Suggestions

I've been westshaving for probably about ten years or more now and using a DE for about four or five. Over the past month (after closely studying many of the Mantic and Charles Roberts videos) I've drastically revamped my pre/post shave routine and for the better. I am paying better attention to shave prep now and the hair is really coming off during the shave. I also stopped using alcohol based aftershave splashes and am using natural toners such as da Vinci Water, Thayers, and Em's Place followed by a simple effective aftershave balm that is as natural as possible. I've found leaps and bounds of improvement and would suggest any shavers having difficulties or roadblocks to give this a try even if for a couple of months. Alcohol aftershave feel nice, especially with menthol, but they dry and tighten the skin over time.

Every skin type is different. Some can take alcohol and some can't. I normally do not use an alcohol based after shave but in the hot, humid weather I do use some Alcolado Glacial for a menthol freeze.:w00t:

My after-shaving routine: rinse with cold water; while still wet, rub alum block all over shaved area; do something else for a minute or two; rinse again with cold water; apply balm. Sometimes I'll spray on some Thayers after shave before applying my balm.

YMMV, but this works for me!

Top Bottom