What's new

Traveling With Your Razor

Checked baggage.

How do you pack your razor? Blade in? Disassembled? Has it's own case?

What could I use with a Lord? A Tech?

Head to a local dollar store or pharmacy and grab a travel soap dish, they work perfect! You can get some foam and cut padding if you want or just pack wrap the razor in something to pad. But... The general rule of thumb is don't travel with one you aren't willing to lose or have destroyed. There has been at least one horror story I read since I have been here...

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/171933-Crushed-Slim-Aristrocrat-(?p=2475247

Jay

Last edited:
I tend to travel with my Mach 3s simply because it doesn't cause any problems. That's air travel, if I drive I take what ever I please

Three-piece, disassembled, wrapped in a polishing cloth, and in carry-on. I figure that each of the three pieces are fairly indestructible, and it packs smaller too. I carry a sensor as a backup, but I've only used it once this year.

If I wanted to carry a two-piece or one-piece razor, I would use a hard-sided eyeglass case. That leaves enough room for a pack of blades, too, if you aren't taking it into an airplane cabin.

As much as I hate to say it, I travel with a couple Bic single blade disposables and a travel size can of goo. It's always SOOO nice to get home to a proper shave, but with air travel, its just too hard carting anything decent around. When I stay with relatives with small kids, double edge blade safety is an issue, and if I show up with a straight they think I've gone to the dark side and start locking doors. Also, I would never leave a straight out in the bathroom in a hotel room- the cleaning staff would likely get very nervous.

Last edited:
I picked up a Merkur travel razor with the leather case. I stick 3 blades in the case and I'm good for a week.

I used to take disposables but now I'll pack my first, cheap three piece DE razor in a soft pouch for mobile phone that I don't use anymore.

I still haven't found a way to pack my brush for travel.

Top Bottom