What's new

Combining Soap and Cream?

It's called super-lather. Some folks like the properties of a soap but the cushioning of a cream. It's fairly common, I use Tabac Soap with a dab of Omega Shave cream.

I likes.

Just a way to use more product:thumbup1: How else am I going to justify buying more software:laugh:
It is also a great way to gain the benefits of both products. Same as SH39, I often use TABAC with a cream. TABAC can give you a nice slick layer, but when you add something like Musgo for example (as I did this morning), you can get a more protective lather with a bit of a cooling sensation and a softer smell.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I use proraso cream for the bulk of the lather and a soap for some smell. Overall I feel I get a slicker creamier lather.

I find the cream easier to work up a good lather if it is sitting on a puck of soap, another advantage is the blending of scents, such as using Arko menthol on top of floral soap.
My sacred cows are Proraso, Nomad, and MWF..... I will not mix any cream on them

ken

It's called super-lather. Some folks like the properties of a soap but the cushioning of a cream. It's fairly common, I use Tabac Soap with a dab of Omega Shave cream.

+1 on the super lather. When you have the time it makes a really nice lather. It'll work well with almost any soap/cream combo.

Give it a try and find your own best.

Yes, for underperforming soaps like Tabac, Cella and MWF creams greatly enhances performance.

Currently using Avalon Peppermint cream with Tabac and achieving good results.

Yes, for underperforming soaps like Tabac, Cella and MWF creams greatly enhances performance.

Currently using Avalon Peppermint cream with Tabac and achieving good results.

[Hitting my sarcasm sensor] Hello! Are you on?

Sorry if I just could not detect the sarcasm, but if those are underperforming, which ones do you consider good? (You just mentioned the 3 most praised soaps here...)

Top Bottom