What's new

New favorite blade

Just shaved with a Lab Blue Personna blade and it has taken over my #1 spot previously held by the Gillette Bleue Extra. Lots of blades left to try but, just another reason I took the boards advice and bought many different blades. Thanks for the advice guys!

My current rankings:

1. Lab Blue Personnas
2. Gillette Bleue Extra
3. Shark Super Chrome
4. Derby
5. Merkur Stainless

You might also give Personna Med Preps a try. Some people see no difference from Labs, others give Med Preps an advantage in smoothness. In my experience, Med Preps are slightly smoother to begin with, but there's no difference by the second shave. I haven't decided yet whether the difference is worth the premium you pay for Med Preps. I have 85 or so Labs to get through before I need to re-up.

You might also give Personna Med Preps a try. Some people see no difference from Labs, others give Med Preps an advantage in smoothness. In my experience, Med Preps are slightly smoother to begin with, but there's no difference by the second shave. I haven't decided yet whether the difference is worth the premium you pay for Med Preps. I have 85 or so Labs to get through before I need to re-up.

I have the Meds and Barbers because I wanted to see the difference. I will probably try the Meds next to see if there is a difference because the Labs are a bit less expensive.

Congrats on the find. As you've now seen everyone is different and it takes a bit of time to find what works best for you. As you continue to try other blades, compare them to your new #1, you just might find an even better blade. Enjoy the try's. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom