What's new

Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed badger/boar

Does anybody have this? I looked through the forum, and can't find anything on it. I am looking at getting one, but I wanted to hear from people who used it.

proxy.php

Some background on what I would use it with. It would be my only brush, well I have a Tweezerman I got when I started, to cut the initial costs incase it didn't work out. It is getting a little floppy, and the knot has fallen out. I usually do 6 passes each day, two plus touch up on my face, and the same on my dome. I have used, and will continue, Cella, Speick stick, and TOBS Jermyn cream. I usually face lather, but if I have time I bowl lather once or twice a week.

Other recommendations are appreciated, I have a ~45 dollar budget on a new brush. I want one that will last longer than 4 months.

It's a nice brush. I've had one for the last year.

It has a nice solid feel to it. I wish the knot were a little bigger, but that is just a personal preference.

It was a crazy bargain when it first came out but the price went up a fair bit (over 50%?) I was going to try one but having missed the boat I decided it was no longer anything special.

Edit> Having said that I see that Diamond Edge Ltd. are doing it for a very reasonable £9.60. That's much better than the ebay price.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone!! I think it says alot about a brush that everone replies with a postive, and doesn't recommend something else. I will be ording one, and posting a review once I have it broken in.

rajagra, thank you for the tip on where to buy!!

Just FYI, the picture in the OP is the pure badger version, not the badger/boar mix. The handles are the same, the knots are not.

P

Pjotr

There's a lot of love here for the 404. Don't have that one but I do have a Vulfix 2189 boar/badger. I can vouch for the knot! If I didn't have too many brushes already I'd buy a 404 for that price without hesitation.

I have a supposed 404 boar/badger mix.....Mine appears to be boar only for some reason, I sure dont see any badger hairs in the mix. But with that said, its still a good brush, a little floppy though, but not bad

Top Bottom