What's new

Woohoo! Just ordered the Slant!!

After careful consideration, reading the reviews, read the horror stories, I decided to go for the Slant-Bar Razor which I found at this great site here in England:-

http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/acatalog/Slant_Bar_Safety_Razor.html#a86

With the usual P&P and VAT etc - Total price is £27 ($55 US)

I've been DE shaving for almost a year now and I've had great results and had great help from this site, yet, I'm still seeking something else. I feel my beard is somewhat, well, "Iron-filings" rough and I'm still prone to the odd ingrown which really drives me mad! Although I find the HD and FatBoy good, I'm looking for something with a real bit of bite. With this kiddo coming I hope I'm not disappointed!

Hope I've made the right decision!!

I think you'll like it a lot. Just shave as though it were your Fat Boy, watching pressure and blade angle, and you'll be surprised at the effortless, smooth shave you get.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
There are a lot of good razors, and the slant may well be the very best.:thumbup1:

Love the Slant:thumbup1: Especially with a Feather:thumbup: but please work your way up the that- blades react differently with each razor- but you will love the Slant:biggrin:

I made the same choice a couple of weeks ago, but I still didn't 'get' just how LITTLE pressure should be used with my Slant/Feather combination. It took me a few days, but now my Slant is my favorite shaver (even over the Fat Boy).

BE CAREFUL - especially the first few times you shave, as the Slant's 'bite' doesn't just display itself against whiskers, but also against skin if you press too hard. You know all this from reading the horror stories, but it doesn't hurt to have a little reinforcement.

Having said all that, I don't think my beard is all that tough, but I definitely feel the difference in closeness with the Slant.

Best of shaves to you,

Ted

Wow! The Slant I ordered, just landed the other day and so far, including today, I have had two shaves with it! Do I like it? No! I absolutely love it!! Man!! Now, this is what my beard has been screaming out for for so many years - I feel like I've gone from riding a scooter to driving a Merc overnight! :biggrin: It's fantastic!!..:thumbup1:

I loaded her up with a blade from the free pack of 10 Merkurs that came with the razor (nice gesture). I tossed the free blade that came with it after reading somewhere, can't remember, that it may be dull, so I duly did. I then showered, prepped as usual, looked to the heavens, said to myself "For what we are about to receive..." and very cautiously began.

You can really feel the difference straight away. "Wow!" I said. The slicing rather than the chopping feel is so much different, more comfortable, and it really felt like something different was happening. I soon gained confidence and relaxed a bit and without rushing my usual 4 passes I was done - result, a very smooth shave, the closest I've ever had apart from a straight shave on holiday.

Thanks for everyones help and advice, much apprechiated, and to conclude - this really is a must razor, but, boy, does it require respect. Heaven only knows what it's like loaded with a Feather!!! :eek:

- this really is a must razor, but, boy, does it require respect. Heaven only knows what it's like loaded with a Feather!!! :eek:
Today was Day 5 for me and my new Slant (3 days with a Derby, last 2 with a Feather). I'm getting a very nice, comfortable and close shave with no irritation. A little tricky on my neck (except WTG), but otherwise I'm surprised that I didn't get more irritation the first few times with a Feather. I think we've gotten people a little too worried about the agressiveness and today's shave was better than yesterday's possibly because I was little less cautious!

Enjoy!

DE shaving may not be for everyone but if you've got the "FEEL" and can get a close shave without damage with any other DE razor, I'd bet the Slant will quickly become your go-to.

Top Bottom