What's new

Witch Hazel in fridge?

I use witch hazel as part of my routine and I was thinking it might feel better if I stored it in the fridge so it was cold when I used it. Anybody do this or try this or can think of any downside to chilling it?

I've never given it any thought. I've always kept my WH on a shelf under the sink. Keeping it in the fridge shouldn't hurt it any, and it might work out good for you in closing up your facial pores and toning your face.

Let us know how it works out as you go along.

I've never thought to do that either, but it sounds like it would be perfect on a hot day! Plus the cold should help close pores...

Good idea! I think I'll need to try it, since I have a dorm fridge right next to my shave den.

I can only think of one downside.

If you report back that it works we're going to have folks trying to fit a reefer in their shave dens to fit all of their ***, colognes, balms, etc.

Then we'll hear the :crying:.

:001_smile

I keep several skin products in the fridge for the same reasons :001_smile. I learned that when I was a kid going to the beach :blushing:

Al raz.

Only thing I do to my Witch Hazel is 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of crushed aulm to a pint bottle of it. Yes the alum disolves.

Crushed alum is usually available in the spice section at your local grocery. Its used in canning, keeps canned pickles krisp.

I keep a bottle in the fridge, the water here in the summer comes out of the tap warm. I do not use Witch hazel as much as I used to as I started using after shaves instead of balms.

Only thing I do to my Witch Hazel is 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of crushed aulm to a pint bottle of it. Yes the alum disolves.

Crushed alum is usually available in the spice section at your local grocery. Its used in canning, keeps canned pickles krisp.

I have crushed alum. What does it add to the witch hazel to do that?

Last edited:
I bet cold witch hazel will feel nice, especially come summer, but it's not going to close pores. Pores do not open and close.

I have crushed alum. What does it add to the witch hazel to do that?

Makes ones skin feel better same as rubbing an alum block after shaving. Also stopps any weepers or nicks if that should happen, however I seldom need it for that purpose.

I've had a bottle of Thayers cucumber in my fridge for the last month. It feels about as refreshing as a postshave mojito. :thumbup1:

I actually did this several weeks ago. It actually feels very good and soothing and I dont remember any reason not to do this. I use Thayers original astringent.

Top Bottom