What's new

How to Store Shampoo Bars

With shampoo bars currently a hot topic on these here threads, I would like to ask: how do you store your shampoo bar(s)? The ones I had from Lush I kept in Ziploc bags, which worked really well. I just received the two I ordered from Liggett's. I'd like to know if there is a better way to store them.

I'll tell you what I do.

When I first started I bought a travel set from Liggett's. In side the travel set was a small, flat piece of plastic called "shampoo saver" or something like that. You wet the travel bar and stick it to the plastic. You can rub the bar on your hair with the plastic up against your hand. When you are done, it just stays on the plastic thing, out of the shower.

I didn't really like the Liggett's bars, but I really like the little "shampoo saver" thing.

Now I use a Mystic Water shampoo bar, but I still use the "saver." I cut a small piece of the bar and attach it to the saver. Each little piece lasts me about a week. There are many little pieces in each bar. I got two bars for Christmas and am just now about halfway through the second bar. I store the unused and uncut part of the bar outside of the bathroom, wrapped in plastic wrap. I usually cut 4-8 pieces at a time; these pieces last 1-2 months, and then I cut some more.

It sounds convoluted but it's really simple.

If you go to lush soap store they sell shampoo bar containers. Eco friendly made of recycled pop cans. I use them for shave soaps. If you look at my threads I have started I have one called new soap storage or something to that effect. There are pics in there. You can also order them from lush website i think they are about $4

+1 on the wire shelf! works great

Tom

Agreed that it works, at least in theory. The problem with the theory (at my house, at least) is that I'm not the only one using the shower. So if I were to leave my shampoo bar on a wire rack in the shower, I would end up losing a fair bit of it down the drain as it would be soaked by my wife's long, luxurious hot shower.

If you go to lush soap store they sell shampoo bar containers. Eco friendly made of recycled pop cans. I use them for shave soaps. If you look at my threads I have started I have one called new soap storage or something to that effect. There are pics in there. You can also order them from lush website i think they are about $4

I have tried these and did not like them. The shampoo bar melted inside the container. I have switched to Liggett's shampoo bar which is cubed, so they wouldn't even work with those. I might try a plastic travel soap dish. That sounds like a good idea.

Top Bottom