What's new

Recommendation for shave soap, bath soap scent

Howdy!

I'm looking for a bath soap and shave soap I can use seperatley that has the same scent. A bath soap for in the shower and a shave soap to shave with. I would like a nice manly scent that last a while. Any suggestions? And where can I buy these?

Best,
Jerry

I imagine there are a variety of choices. One that comes immediately to mind is the TOBS sandalwood line, which includes shaving soap, bath soap, cream, aftershave splash and edt. You might "google" Taylor of Old Bond Street to see others they may have. Other manufacturers may have more complete lines as well. I use rose shaving soaps and rose bath soaps from different manufacturers and, while they do not match exactly in scent, they are pretty close. Lavender and almond, the same.

I recommend Speick. The stick and bath soap have similar (though not identical, I think) manly scents that last a reasonably long time, for soaps that we rinse. If you decide to go beyond the soaps and add an aftershave, don't choose the balm, which is nowhere close to the soaps. I heard the splash is closer, but I can't confirm.

Is Arko manly? I don't know, but the lemony citronella scent certainly brings to mind the outdoors for me, the wife calls it a fresh scent. I have some Duru Classic soap on order, but don't have it yet, supposedly it smells like Arko. Both are fairly inexpensive in bulk if that means anything.

You can simulate the Duru Classic scent easily and inexpensively enough. Arko works great in the shower. Assuming of course that it does smell like Arko.

The choices are pretty much endless. Pretty sure Mama Bear makes a "Ye Olde Barbershop" bath soap as well as her fine shaving soap, etc. The Gentleman's Quarter makes nice bath soaps/shave soaps in the same scents, but I'm not sure whether Colleen is open for business at present. Also, Queen Charlotte Soaps could probably hook you up.

Queen Charlotte Soaps also has such products. I just bought a Green Irish Tweed shave soap and a GIT bath soap ... very nice by the way. They have many other pairings.

I love my Mitchells Woolfat days. First the bath soap followed by the shave soap...it's heaven!

Get some Yardley's English Lavander Soap (the one made in England) and use DH Harris Lavander Cream or soap for shaving.

Queen Charlotte Soaps also has such products. I just bought a Green Irish Tweed shave soap and a GIT bath soap ... very nice by the way. They have many other pairings.

Another registered vendor, Malaspina Soap Factory, appears to have some Bastille and Swedish-Egg bath soaps that match some of her tallow- and veggie-based shave soaps and creams.

+1 to both of these. Malaspina also offers GIT in both shave and bath soaps. The Swedish Egg soap sounds bizarre but it is fantastic, especially in GIT scent. You can also choose the scent strength for many of Malspina's products. I find QCS scents to be of equal quality (they both use essential and fragrance oils) but generally more subtle than Malaspina's. Malaspina seems to be very innovative (successfully, rest assured!) with shave and bath soap ingredients... all natural stuff, obviously.

The answer is Mama Bear. Her cold process bath soaps are wonderful and I believe that most of the scents are also available in shaving soap. My favorite scent combo is Sandalwood-Vanilla. I just never get tired of it...

Top Bottom