What's new

Newbie question with thick and coarse hair

I'm new here and thought I would come to this wonderful forum and ask/find answers to my questions. I'm now in my thirties and have been shaving for quite some time. I recently changed to a safety razor. Have the Merkur Progress (long handle) and also an EJD89L (just got it and haven't used it yet). I find that safety razors are providing a much more clean cut of the hairs and overall have been better. My shave product has also switched as I'm using Art of Shaving cream (unscented) instead of the edge gel which in comparison now felt like it was drying my face by the end of week of daily shaving. I'm also incorporating the multiple pass method which I believe is much more beneficial (for me at least).

My question. Even with all these new products and techniques, I unfortunately feel like I'm cursed with this thick and coarse facial hair. Even when I get it bbs, you can still see the hair follicle (which are plentiful given the thickness). Has anyone found a solution to eradicating or at least more minimizing the sight of the hair follicle? I'm probably not stating it right, but its basically whats left showing on the face after shaving. And I definately don't want to grow a beard. I try to be more clean cut (no pun intended).

I don't know, I guess I have always been fond of persons who don't have facial hair as bad as mine as its a terrible chore that must be performed daily.

Thanks for any help.

I have the same type of beard. Smoother then silk, but from a few feet away it looks like i havent shaved in days.
Try working on your tan

Yea you may be cursed. I have very thick and coarse facial hair and I feel like I always look like I could a shave. My brother also has a very light compection and he always looks like he could use a shave. As a matter of fact while he was in the police academy he was constantly getting in trouble for not being clean shaven even though if you rubbed his face it would be BBS.

I'm in the same boat. I see men walkin around with 2-3 days growth and they look cleaner shaven then I do after I walk out of the bathroom. Welcome to the Fred Flintstone club.

I suffer the same problems, I have only just started growing real body hair in my mid 20's, but from the age of 16 I have had this facial hair. I have always gotten in trouble for it being an ex-cop, in the force I was asked to shave twice on shift usually, didn't help much!

I enjoyed Mantic's video on bluebeard's revenge, I am still tempted to give it a try just to see how it works on me personally.

Welcome to B and B!

Hmmmm. Sounds like Blu's Revenge may work. I don't think there is any product that will change your facial hair and degree of translucence of your skin. I'm reminded that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Many members of B and B wish they had more facial hair, and wish that their beard grew more quickly.

I think the most satisfying resolution is to turn your 'curse' into a blessing, or just accept your beard the way it is. Enjoy your shaves, and enjoy taking care of yourself with your personal grooming. Most of us here don't look on shaving as a terrible chore, but rather a way to spend quality time with our shaving ritual.

However you choose to look at your beard, good luck with your future shaves!

Thanks to everyone for all your input. I must say that I actually enjoy my wetshaving better than my old gillette sensor. Though I haven't used my EJ, my Progress has the daily chore, I'm pretty anxious. I saw someone put a few drops of glycerine in their cream and have used that as well in my shaving routine. Hey, anything that helps glide that blade over my type of facial hair.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom