What's new

Alcoholic might work finally work ?

Some wetshavers with dry skin have admitted that their face is better moisturized with the alcoholic A/S followed by a good balm/moisturizer, than with balm followed by moiturizer.

How would that be possible ?

Some wetshavers with dry skin have admitted that their face is better moisturized with the alcoholic A/S followed by a good balm/moisturizer, than with balm followed by moiturizer.

How would that be possible ?

All I can say is get some Aqua Velva and test it out for yourself. Splashes really are amazing.

It's pretty humid here year round and splashes provide me with the perfect amount of light moisturizing. Most balms, no matter how light, leave me feeling greasy/oily during the summer.

Thanx guys ; I may try the Aqua Velva.

I think I will try the Mennen Skin Bracer Cooling Blue ; unlike the original (green) Skin Bracer, it has some moisturizing stuff ( glycerin , castor oil) ; weird, but true:confused1

In addition to the humectants in some AS, I wonder if people are percieving moisturizing properties due to an increase in oily excretions as a result of irritation from the alcohol.

V

VR6ofpain

Some of the alcohol-containing afterhaves have glycerin. Others have humectants.
This is what I thought was going on too. I actually think my face feels better after a splash of Aqua Velva, then it does Witch Hazel. Yes it burns for a moment, but then it cools down so fast. Once it evaporates, my skin feels great. Aqua Velva is the kick I need in the morning...before I get my coffee!

Top Bottom