What's new

Angel for men?

I'm a huge fan of Thierry Mugler's Angel for men. I've been wearing it for about 3 years now but I really want something new. I have about 6 other colognes but none of them are good enough to replace my everyday scent. They include

Code black - Armani
Aqua diGio - Armani
B-men - Mugler
Cologne - Mugler
Tommy Bahama - No idea
and one that i can't remember the name of

so anyone have any ideas for something new?

I'm a huge fan of Thierry Mugler's Angel for men. I've been wearing it for about 3 years now but I really want something new. I have about 6 other colognes but none of them are good enough to replace my everyday scent. They include

Code black - Armani
Aqua diGio - Armani
B-men - Mugler
Cologne - Mugler
Tommy Bahama - No idea

I guess it depends on how much you want to branch out. If you want something different, but not completely different, I suggest you try New Spice by Saint Charles Shave. It smells very similar to Angel, but not as sweet and chocolate. Plus, I think you'll be VERY pleased with the price.

Why don't you have a look on basenotes.net? You can enter the fragrances in their search directory, see what they're composed of, and look for alternatives. Welcome on B&B! I just purchased the D&G for men. I'm planning on buying Dunhill Edition too. Other fragrances I use are Cerruti 1881 and Polo sport.

Why don't you have a look on basenotes.net? You can enter the fragrances in their search directory, see what they're composed of, and look for alternatives. Welcome on B&B! I just purchased the D&G for men. I'm planning on buying Dunhill Edition too. Other fragrances I use are Cerruti 1881 and Polo sport.

Basenotes.net = great link. Thanks!:thumbup:

I definately love the basenote.net website and thank you everyone for your suggestions. I'm picking up a bottle of that New Spice as soon as i get my paycheck. While i'm here though, does anyone know any good brick & mortar places in the NJ/Philadelphia area that are aimed just at fragrances? I'm not a huge fan of it being an after thought (like it is at most department stores.)

Code black - Armani
Aqua diGio - Armani
B-men - Mugler
Cologne - Mugler
Tommy Bahama - No idea

Well, I prefer Angel*Men to Rochas Man or Lolita Lempicka au Masculin, so let me recommend Cafe Noir, by Ava-Luxe. I reviewed it just this week... here's a link. You can buy a 5ml EDP spray-sample vial, and give it a try.

If you're a fan of A*Men, I would suggest checking out other fragrances from the gourmand category. Favorites of mine include Rochas Man, HM by Hanae Mori (go for the EDP over the EDT on this one), and Cannabis Santal by Fresh.

I tried a vial of A-men. It smells to me more like an evening fragrance, to be worn in moderation- it is almost a bit cloying to me. Another similar smelling fragrance to me is Canoe. Not so much the category (Canoe is a floral fougere), but because the tonka/vanilla is piercing like in A-men. Again, not something I'd wear everyday, or if I did wear it, I'd wear it sparingly.

Matthew --Second the recommendation on the Basenotes site. Don't forget that Marshalls and TJ Maxx have good pricing on scents, tho availability is hit and miss.

A nice summertime/daytime fragrancy is 'Dunhill Fresh'.

-- John Gehman

I absolutely LOVE B*Men. I find the drydown strikingly similar to the fragrance of Green Pond (D.R. Harris) Sandalwood Shave Cream. I purchased a bottle at TJ Maxx for $20 (Clearance). Nice camphorous, woody dry down... perhaps slightly more cedar than sandalwood.

-Pete

Personally I like John Varvatos. I could say a lot of things about it, but you should really try reading the BN reviews.

Personally I like John Varvatos. I could say a lot of things about it, but you should really try reading the BN reviews.

Both the original JV and the newer Vintage are favorites of mine in terms of scent, unfortunately neither one had the silage or staying power I would like. The original, in particular, is almost gone within an hour or so after applying. Too bad, because I'm absolutely in love with the scents.

Top Bottom