Proraso Pre-Post towards end of shower
Plisson EW #10
'60 Fatboy w/ Crystal blade (Day 2)
JM Fraser's cream
Warm water rinse
Cold water rinse
Pinaud Clubman A/S splash
Cold water rinse
Tryphon Mentolo A/S balm + Mama Bear's Peppermint/Menthol A/S milk + AOS Sandalwood A/S balm
AOS Sandalwood EdT

I missed yesterday. :blush:

Good morning all.

No pics today.

MUSIC: Eat a Peach - Allman Brothers (vinyl)

Hot Shower
Issy's Dublin Irish Tweed
MB’s Rosemary/Mint Shampoo

4” Coors Mortar
J. M. Fraser's SC
Saville Row SR3824 Finest Silvertip
1938-41 Gillette Sheraton w/IP (day 1)
3 passes

No Styptic Pencil
WWR
CWR
Alum Bock
CWR
QED Da Vinci Water
Polar Ice AS
Mama Bear British Leather EdT

Pinaud Eau de Portugal Hair Tonic

Fairly aggressive razor with the IP. Good shaver, a "singing" razor. Sounds just like a str8. Shaving angle is important to prevent weepers. Almost got me if it had not been for the forgivness of the Fraser's SC.

First time I have used this cream and it is outstanding! Very slick and protective.
Thanks Newfi!

Have an outstanding day!

1924 silver-plated Gillette "Bostonian" w/Israeli Personna blade
"Frank", Sterling-silver pure-badger shaving brush
"Nora", Sterling-silver shaving mug
QED Jasmine shaving soap
No styptic pencil
Witch-hazel
Milizia Uomo Vetyver EDT

1970's gillette SS/Merkur blade (1)
t&h silver tip brush
KMF jasmine
4711 a/s
Nive ASB

this was my frist DE shave in a LONG time (several years)... and the only DE shave with a legitimate blade (I had only used Walgreens brand prior). I've been using a str8 for the past 3 years, but wanted to change things up. The DE shave was quite enjoyable, and the Merkur blade felt great. The shave is not 100% BBS, but pretty freakin' close. No nicks, no irritation. Not bad for what is essentially one of my first tries with a DE. I also have a Merkur HD, I am interested to see how it compares the SS. I've used the HD a couple times in the past... this was my first go with the SS.

I had forgotten how much more effort there is in using a str8 than other types of razors (even though shaving with a str8 is pretty much on auto-pilot, as it is all muscle memory at this point). I consider myself a pretty well accomplished str8 razor shaver, but there is just inherently a lot more concentration that goes into using one of those things. I had gotten so used to shaving with one, I didn't even think about it. So, for the mean time, I will likely be using a DE more often than a straight. Then, I'll get sick of the DE after a point, and go back to just using the str8... it's nice to have options so you never get bored!

Feather AC Straight
Feather Super blade
Savile Row 3118
TGQ Desert Highlander
Em's Place Cucumber Splash
JASON 6-in-1 Aftershave
No EdT today (again)

Tuesday

Taylor's Mr. Taylor shaving cream
Rooney 1M Super brush
Gillette HD Rocket with Feather blade
Taylor's Sandalwood aftershave gel
Floris 89

I haven't used a Feather in a long time. In the Rocket it gave a really smooth and comfortable shave. Also, I continue to be impressed by the quality of the Taylor's shaving creams, reformulated thought they be. Indeed, I used to find Taylor's a bit heavy for my taste. This version is lighter and lathers extremely well.

Ken

Schick Type I1 injector w/ Schick blade
SR-230 super badger brush
QED Fresh Lime Shaving Soap
Thayers Lemon Astringent
Geo. F. Trumper Limes Skin Food
Geo. F. Trumper Eucris Cologne (sample)

Tuesday...

Wars shave cream
C&E badger brush
Wapienica 5/8 straight
Proraso ASB
Coral skin food
Caron Yatagan

I'm falling into a rut, and I like it!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
C&E best
'47 Aristocrat w/IP
QED wild rose soap :ouch1:
QED rose toner
DRH Pink

Hot shower and towel
Shavemac 944
C&E Sienna Shaving Soap
Boker 5/8 Square Point
Proraso ASB
Tabac Edc

This week Mt. Pleasant, Texas.

Raf

B&B ebony Silvertip
Progress with Feather for the first 3 passes
'50s SS with Derby for 4th and touchups
MB Gentlemens blend with Trumper's Lime SC
Mosswood AS and MB Winter balm

My closest to BBS shave to date. :thumbup: A touch of Road Rash, that I'll chaulk up to my first time with the SS. ATG with feathers tend to nick up my face.

Merkur Progress
DORCO blade
EJ Medium Silvertip
Coates Tea Tree cream
C&E Nomad ASB

The Progress on 1 with a DORCO blade is probably the mildest combo I've found to date. Too mild, as it would probably take me 6 passes to get a dcently close shave!

Top Bottom