What's new

Harry Potter

Loser? Nah. Just tell people you are curious. I will not be waiting. I'll eventually read it, but I can tell you I'll be sleeping instead of standing in line.

Ashamedly, I have a midnight reservation. I am on a Harry Potter internet blackout until I finish the book. Probably Sunday. :biggrin:

Dennis

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Spoiler warning!

At the end of the new book, Harry Potter..............

:001_tt2:

I'll be sleeping or playing Titan Quest.... Amazon is going to do all the work for me. :biggrin:

Me too. I decided against the midnight thing as I don't want to risk the exposure (to potential spoilers). I'm going to stay in on Saturday, wait for my book to arrive, and stay the hell away from any sites that could ruin the details for me.

The book's supposedly already leaked out, and not long ago I got an email from Facebook from a "friend" who invited me to join a group entitled (in part?) "____ DIES ON PAGE __!!!" Fortunately, the part I read seems fairly inconsequential to the main plot and the major questions that remain unanswered (even if it is true, as I hear there's conflicting spoilers out there as well as red herrings planted by the publisher deliberately). In response, I've disabled all my notifications and set up a very stringent filter on my email to immediately archive and tag all messages containing Potter-related words.

Everyone who doesn't want to be spoiled... be careful.

I'm not going to be there at midnight, but after it is released, I will buy it the second I see it in my normal shopping adventures. IE Food shopping at walmart, walking by B&N at the mall, etc.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I thought he issue of being obsessed with popular culture was solved years ago. :lol:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvzN8mGEqSc[/YOUTUBE]

I'm waiting for an audio version of the book from the library. It might be a bit of a wait though. The audio versions of the Potter books are great.

I'm waiting for an audio version of the book from the library. It might be a bit of a wait though. The audio versions of the Potter books are great.

Those audio versions are fantastic. I'm a bit of an audiobook fanatic and Jim Dale is among the best narrators in the business. I also have my audio version on hold at the library, but I'm still getting the book at midnight as I can't wait to hear it, but I definately want to listen to it as soon as I can.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I thought he issue of being obsessed with popular culture was solved years ago. :lol:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvzN8mGEqSc[/YOUTUBE]

"get a life, will ya people?" ... best six words from all of SNL!!
:ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1:

But seriously, I'm wonering if they'll make it into a movie? The Harry Potter books would probably make pretty popular movies.

But seriously, I'm wonering if they'll make it into a movie? The Harry Potter books would probably make pretty popular movies.

There are already Harry Potter movies out, so somebody will probably make a film on this one as well.

I saw torrent files of the last Potter book appear on sites that list Bit Torrents. No telling if they are the "real thing" or not, it could be something made up by whoever created those torrent files.

Jim Dale is amazing. Hold on, let me find the article about him that I just read regarding his Harry Potter Readings. (He holds the record for creating the most voices for any storyline).

Article on Jim Dale

I usually read the book first, then listen to the audio version =)

Someone sent me a link to the new book. I can't believe someone took photographs of each and every page of that book and posted it on the internet.

No, I didn't read the last chapter.

Either on CBS Sunday Morning or PBS, they had a story on audio books contained on a MP3 player. You cannot load the player, it will only play the book loaded on it. It has a small digital display on the back of the device along with a couple of navigation buttons. On the front is the logo of the book. I think they come with ear buds and you can wear them around the neck. Libraries are moving toward these so they no longer have to account for the cassettes/CDs in each volume. I hope they put Potter #7 on this format. I can't remember the name of this product, though. Maybe someone here can help me out.

I've not read any of the books or seen any of the movies. Same with the "Lord of the Rings" collection. However, my 13 yr old daughter is re-reading all of the books in anticipation of receiving the new book. She has seen the latest movie. Now she will have the latest book, accompanied to purchase at midnight by her mother.

Randy

Top Bottom