What's new

Cosmetics

I hope this is in the right place. I just got married and now have no space in the bathroom. I need to condense all my tolietries into one compartment. Any suggestions? Where can I store all my cosmetics?

Thanks All!

Ah, the joys of wedded bliss.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Cosmetics? :huh:

You mean your shaving gear, right? If countertop space is at a premium, get one of those bathroom trays that they sell in bathroom stores and such places, which will be 'your space' for shaving stuff ... and put on it whatever you need for a day's shave ... hopefully elegantly enough that it's worther of a SOTD photo. :biggrin1:

SWMBO can't complain about that on the counter. I think every man is entitled to an attractive toehold on the bathroom countertop.

The rest goes in a cupboard or closet shelf somewhere nearby in storage, and whenever you feel like a change you head to the closet and swap soaps (or creams, or A/S, or whatever.)

I would first suggest investing in something like this from Bed, Bath, & Beyond. My summer roommate is a woman, and at first I was a bit miffed that she had completely taken over every corner, drawer, and bit of free space in our small bathroom, leaving no room for my morning zen experience. Went to BB&B, bought that sucker, and now her stuff resides happily halfway on the counter and half on there, leaving more than enough room for a mug, brush, couple of creams/soaps, and razors.

Technically, men do wear cosmetics in the form of body lotion, hair gels, deodorants, antiperspirants, perfumes and colognes. Most of us do not wear make-up :)blink: to each his own). As for where to store your shaving gear, maybe outside the bathroom. Every time you have to shave you would just go inside armed with cream and razor. Just leave the fundaments/go-to products in there and the rotations somewhere else.

No wait! fight for the bathroom space. Do not let this to be a trend for the rest of your mariage: a small bathroom space for a man, a big territory for Manliness. Show her who rules the house :a53:. Invariably, she will :lol:
To SWMBO :a17: congrats

The razor may be straight or DE, but the cat is certainly a disposable! :lol:

:biggrin:

Long story short, my wife works as a veterinary technician and a women brought in a pregnant stray cat one day. The kittens were born at the clinic and I quote, "...have to come and see how cute this kittens are!" I sensed danger, but alas, it was inevitable. Needless to say, we (meaning she :wink: ) had to get one.

Two years later, she's pulling her hair out and I can't imagine life without the cat...despite her sometimes neurotic tendencies.

Top Bottom