What's new

Vision/Futur new arrival pics

Just got my Merkur Vision in from Royal shave today, also got my Futur in from an "unmentionable" vendor a few days back. I got Merkur leather sheaths to accompany both as well. Heres some photos of both.

I may do a follow up comparison and review if anybody is interested in that, let me know.

$vision #1.jpg

$vision #2.jpg

These certainly are some big heavy razors, cant wait to give them a whirl! :thumbup1:

Fantastic! congratulations on two sweethearts, both are great so I'm certain you'll enjoy the heck out of them both.
proxy.php

Last edited:
They are both big, I got the Futur in the mail first, and was like man, this razor is pretty big and heavy.....Then the Vision arrived...lol

I have a Futur and i rate it very highly.
I dont venture beyond number 2.5 (at least not with derby blades).
It seems "damped" in use and ploughs through stubborn whiskers with quite a sizzle noise but it actually feels very smooth to use.
These German razors are beautifully made in my opinion.

Well, ive gone through 1 feather blade in each razor as of this morning. (i only use a feather for 2 shaves, PERIOD).

My intial impression, I prefer the Vision over the Futur by a slight margin, nothing the Futur cannot overcome tomarrow.

The Vision takes some getting used to, with changing grips, and adjusting the blade gap etc, just because of the sheer size of her, not knocking her for that.

The Futur, I dont see what all the fuss is about changing the blades, this thing is an excellent design imo. ps, I dont just flick my cover off either, I gently remove it as not to fall and strike the sink basin. I see people do this on youtube and it drives me crazy, this is a precision tool, not to be slung about. end rant.

Will keep this post updated, if anybody has any questions or wants some comparisons between the 2 let me know.

I'm tempted by two of those.

Are they maintenance free? How about their durability will they last for years without getting any wobbling ?

Well, im not a seasoned veteran by far on the two, but I have used both. I find myself wanting to shave with the vision at the moment. I love the heft, length, range of adjustments, you dont need dry hands to adjust on the fly. I love the blade change mechanisms on both, giving a slight nod to the vision once again. The vision is difficult to get the 5% stubble from right under the nose, kinda like the futur, if you make e/w pass under nose, with the thumb popper pointing up, I find I can shave perfectly with the futur under the nose, with the thumb popper pointing down. The vision does not allow that for me. Its ok, gives my Dovo shavette a normal start in my pitching line up rotation......the vision is superb, u cant go wrong buying that thing, Royal shave has the best price, there are online coupons available (dont know if they expired yet), and they give free shipping too. So, it may be $5 more than the other big name vendor, but it comes out wayyy cheaper. Hope this helps, im not trying to push you off the ledge of RAD cliff..........hahahahaaaaa

Top Bottom