What's new

Tilley Hats anyone?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
which style do you have? I'd like one to wear with anything, but am not sure that is possible.

Tilley hats are certainly casual in nature. Fine on holidays or golfing, fishing, &c. If you are looking for something to wear with a suit or to Church (&c) then you have found the wrong hat.

which style do you have? I'd like one to wear with anything, but am not sure that is possible.

I wish I could remember the name. I am currently in Taiwan; the Tilly is in the USA. The model I got was the only one available when I got it. At one time it may have been referred to as "Original." I think it is all-purpose and have used it as such. I'll transcrive the label when I return to the USA on the 16th if you have't pulled the trigger by then.

--james

I've got the Tilley Airflo (LTM6) in Khaki. Great hat, super comfortable, breathable, and will probably last longer than I will! I generally wear it for outdoor activities such as hiking, photography, and birding. Might look a little geeky for more formal, in-town events. But at my age, I really shouldn't care! :001_rolle

Last edited:
I have several styles, and cannot remember names of the different styles. One has a narrow band of mesh around the top and is very comfortable. One only has two large grommets(vent holes) on each side and is not so comfortable. One, a more traditional fedora style has the crown made of some kind of mesh that almost looks foam filled but it does all a breeze to flow through nicely.Lastly I have one of the big white hemp models, again with grommets for ventilation, the brim is so big it casts a nice shade.

Quality and durability is way up there, but they are strictly casual.

I'm going to go look at some. Wonder how this will go with crocs and jeans w/ a t-shirt? That's what I wear most times. Or Sperrys.

I have two - the winter hat and the lt6. do get the airflow mesh, it is much more comfortable than the one i own. i bought the mesh for my dad and he loves it.

Wife & I both have T3 hats, they are the ones with the biggest brim, used for protection from sun when working outdoors.
we have had them for several years, and I wish that all the products we buy were as well made.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Indeed, the best hat in the world.
Get one for each razor, brush or soap that you have.

What I would do with 300 Tilley Hats ... apart from maybe trying to stop an invasion of a million Persian hats ... is a bit of a puzzle.

(Why I have that many razors, brushes and soaps ... um ... )

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Anyone have one of these? Considering one. Would like to know more. Get ideas.
rickboone1:
I wore a Trilby when I was alot younger, but now I only wear Fedoras (which gives me that "Mad Men" 'dashing and debonaire' look :euro: black & gray...fall/winter and a Straw...spring/summer). :thumbup:

However, I think the style of Trilby Matt Damon was wearing in the movie "The Adjustment Bureau" is awesome!!! :thumbup:

Christopher
proxy.php
"**** your hat [because], angles are [great], attitudes". Frank Sinatra

Attachments

• $images.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 483
  • $matt.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:
As above.
I've only ever owned one Tilley hat, the TH5, which I got specifically because its made of hemp. Its very good. I bought it about 2 years ago on the day we buried my grandfather, so it will always be special. Its great in sun and makes a difference in cold, practically undeformable and very comfortable. I've been hankering after another one soon, but am currently nowhere near a stockist. If you like the style, you can be sure of the quality. Please don't get one online though, unnless you're 100% sure of your size and Tilley's interpretation of that size.

I've Only got one Tilly hat.......A Tilly Winter hat...a lovely soft tweed....very cosy and extremely comfortable to wear....If you need a winter hat..this has to be the one....not cheap to buy in the UK ..but worth every penny in my opinion...very practical and looks good with a Barbour...

Concur with all the comments. I have had one for about two years greatest purchase I have made. If you can find a store to try them on that is your best bet. I preferred the larger bill while others may not. The airflo is great for the heat! Any one will do the trick. Good luck

And true to the Tilley promise they do float. I found that out last week when I decided not to use the chin strap.

Top Bottom