What's new

DavyRay's Secret Spaghetti Recipe

First, don't tell anyone about this recipe. I can't claim to have invented it, but do not remember where I got the idea. I may have read a similar recipe. It has been too long ago to remember the provenance.

Ingredients (in order of appearance):

* butter, one stick
* garlic, three sections, peeled and flattened
* fresh mushrooms, two hands-full
* parsley
* spaghetti, enough for two generous plates
* parmesan cheese (ground fine)

Steps:

1. Clarify the butter. (Heat the butter gently and skim off the milk solids. You are done when only transparent yellow butter remains in the pot.)

2. Add garlic and parsley. Keep the liquid butter hot, but not bubbling or smoking.

3. After about 15 minutes, add the mushrooms. Do not cook the mushrooms. This only heats them up a bit and lets mushroom flavor into the sauce.

4. Put the spaghetti on, and cook until it is al dente.

5. Drain the spaghetti well. Cover it with parmesan cheese and toss until the spaghetti is coated. I sprinkle and toss, sprinkle and toss, until I get evenly coated pasta.

6. Serve up the spaghetti. Remove the garlic bits from the butter sauce. Drench each serving with the sauce. Add a little more parsley on top if desired.

Note: I do not usually add salt if I use salted butter. Salt according to your taste.

Yer making me hungry! I do something similar to this with clams and linguine. Always easy and good!

...Ray

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Spaghetti sauce without olive oil or basil.

Where I come from, we'd say "You're not from around here." :lol:

Other than that, it sounds good.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Sounds wonderful. I tend to go the olive oil direction and have a little bit of chili flakes in with the oil . . . oh somehow the basil tends to appear . . . and and and well other veg that are in the crisper . . . half a pepper or bit of zucchini.

Sounds wonderful. I tend to go the olive oil direction and have a little bit of chili flakes in with the oil . . . oh somehow the basil tends to appear . . . and and and well other veg that are in the crisper . . . half a pepper or bit of zucchini.

All spaghetti is good.

Saute garlic, olive oil, anchovies on low heat until the anchovies dissolve.

Nothing beats it.

I think I might be able to. After the anchovies dissolve, add breadcrumbs and parsley and cook for a couple more minutes.

Breadcrumbs on pasta is surprisingly good.

I like a good brown butter sauce like this with parm cheese, fresh peas, and garlic butter pan grilled chicken breast. mmmmmm.....................

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I used to be able to get tins of green olives, stuffed with anchovie paste (instead of pimento). Those were the 'secret ingredient' to my best-ever spaghetti sauce.

* butter, one stick
* garlic, three sections, peeled and flattened
* spaghetti, enough for two generous plates

So ... one serving contains half a stick of butter? That must be the diet version. :lol:

Top Bottom