What's new

*Warning-Spoilers, see post #697* - HBO's Game of Thrones

That "Leftovers" show looks dumb as hell to me. I usually cancel HBO right after GoT but I might hang on to it long enough to finish out True Blood (wifes guilty pleasure) and for me to catch True Detective on HBOgo. Otherwise HBO hasn't been worth a year round subscription in a LONG time.

Lindelof, him I stay FAR away from. I have ZERO confidence in that guys ability to carry through anything. I expect Leftovers will be mostly spiced up melodrama with a "OH WOW" moment in the final scene of each ep, but which upon reflection doesn't add up to anything.

Yeah. Includes a helicopter ride with GRRM. I don't want that man crossing the street much less riding in a helicopter until he finishes the books!

Picture of health. What could possibly go wrong?

proxy.php

Im one of those guys that if you talk while its on, ill kick you in the back of the head. I almost slapped my dad when he kept eating pistachios and spitting out the shells.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Any news on when the next book will be released? I'm closing in on the end of the latest book.

From Wikipedia: In January 2014, Martin’s UK publisher,Jane Johnson, declared on Twitter that the book would "certainly" not be published before 2015. In an online Q&A on May 29, 2014 Martin's editor Anne Groell responded to the anticipated release date with "All I can say is that George is hard at work, and we hope to have it reasonably soon." Analyses of Martin's writing pace expect the release date sometime between 2015 and 2017.

In other words, hopefully before we are all dead.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
From Wikipedia: In January 2014, Martin’s UK publisher,Jane Johnson, declared on Twitter that the book would "certainly" not be published before 2015. In an online Q&A on May 29, 2014 Martin's editor Anne Groell responded to the anticipated release date with "All I can say is that George is hard at work, and we hope to have it reasonably soon." Analyses of Martin's writing pace expect the release date sometime between 2015 and 2017.

son of gun! No rush to finish my book I guess

Legion

Staff member

As long as he gets it posted to the editor before he is dead. I'm more worried about that.

son of gun! No rush to finish my book I guess

My understanding is that Mr. Martin starts to write each book clean shaven, and does not shave again until the book is complete. It certainly explains the facial hair.

Not that I am suggesting he do anything that takes his time away from writing . . . but jeez.

Have any of you seen Vikings? It is supposed to be similar to Game of Thrones from what I hear, but I have not seen it yet.

Vikings is good but I don't know that I'd call it similar to GOT. I guess they're both "medieval" in nature but Vikings doesn't have all the fantasy (dragons, white walkers, etc) that GOT has. It is more "historical" but I don't know how accurate it is to any actual history. There is a good bit of gory battle scenes, a little sexual content (no nudity) and dramatic story telling that makes you root for the main character. Seasons 1 & 2 are available for streaming on Hulu and Amazon Prime, Season 2 only is available on the history channel website and TWC On Demand (why not season 1 I don't understand). I'm sure there's other places to find it for free if you're motivated enough to dig through the internet. Season 3 starts Feb 19th so you have a couple weekends to binge watch if you want to catch up.

I really like both of these shows for some of the same reasons but for different ones also. Hope this helps.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
"It's not in our 2015 publishing schedule as it stands". That's what the publisher has said about the most recent book The Winds Of Winter.
Here's to 2016!

Top Bottom