What's new

*Warning-Spoilers, see post #697* - HBO's Game of Thrones

I agree that it has been a fairly underwhelming season.

I don't know if I've ever been more repulsed by any fictional character than Ramsay Bolton. The only close runner-up would be Joffery.

Whatever event(s) in GRRM's life twisted his brain to write some of the things that have gone on ... just wow is about all I can say. I'll be anything he was tormented in school by other kids and rejected by every girl he asked out, including his own sister.

And Sansa thought Joffery was cruel.

I really hope the Boltons get what they deserve, all of them. But knowing the books and show I doubt it.

Still waiting for that wow moment this season

I don't know about that...if you read the books....

Wyman Manderly's pies for Ramsey/"Ayra" wedding feast were inspired...

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
And Sansa thought Joffery was cruel.

I really hope the Boltons get what they deserve, all of them. But knowing the books and show I doubt it.

Still waiting for that wow moment this season

Sansa has worse luck with men than my former girlfriends.

And the palindrome of Boltons is Snotlob, not Ipswich.

I have no interest in seeing Ramsey Bolton torture another person for part of a season. Watching him break Theon Greyjoy and turn him into Reek was almost enough to make me stop watching the show. Hopefully Theon will break out of his shell and kill Ramsey, the sooner the better.

I have no interest in seeing Ramsey Bolton torture another person for part of a season. Watching him break Theon Greyjoy and turn him into Reek was almost enough to make me stop watching the show. Hopefully Theon will break out of his shell and kill Ramsey, the sooner the better.

Agreed!

I thought last night's episode was great. As a book reader, seeing events happen that are not in the books (Tyrion and Daenerys) was thrilling.

So there are only . . . what? 10 episodes this season? I am never going to "watch" this show. I'll just binge it when it is doen for the season. Hell, at 10 episodes that's a long Saturday afternoon and evening. Easy game.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
So there are only . . . what? 10 episodes this season? I am never going to "watch" this show. I'll just binge it when it is doen for the season. Hell, at 10 episodes that's a long Saturday afternoon and evening. Easy game.

That's the best way to do it. I did it once and it plays out like a really long movie. It was very enjoyable. Every episode leaves you wanting more and wondering what's going to happen next and boom you can simply watch it instantly and not have to wait a week.

Game of Thrones is quickly becoming one of the darkest TV shows of all time, at least on HBO. Six Feet Under was dark, but Game of Thrones is really taking the darkness to a whole new level.

This is such a slow season and is all over the place. The action in the past seasons led to many story lines that cannot be tied back together. We still have seen nothing from Bran, Varys just seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth after Tyrion was kidnapped, the White Walkers have not shown up, etc. There are just too many story lines in existence.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
It's my understanding that we won't see Bran at all this season. I think I read it a few posts back, he story caught up with GRRM's writing.

But they seem to enjoy adding something right at the end to keep us hanging on for next season so maybe they will show something with Bran or the white walkers.

Varys?...to me he was always just a piece that put other stories in play, his story this season was Tyrion, who is now exactly where Varys wanted him to be so I see no point to bring Varys back around.

The show is definitely taking some huge tangents away from the book story line now including killing off or omitting a few, changing a few others like Jaime and Bronn going to Dorne, and adding new ones not in the books, like the Sansa-Ramsey plot. I look forward to seeing both sets of plots in the show and the books.

Toothpick you are correct, the Bran plot in the books basically stops when he reaches the Greenseer's cave so the show has caught up there and Varys also faded in the books so that is on track as well as is Arya's journey. The wight walkers rarely are in the books, so they have actually appeared more in the show so nothing out of line there.

Last edited:
It's my understanding that we won't see Bran at all this season. I think I read it a few posts back, he story caught up with GRRM's writing.

But they seem to enjoy adding something right at the end to keep us hanging on for next season so maybe they will show something with Bran or the white walkers.

Varys?...to me he was always just a piece that put other stories in play, his story this season was Tyrion, who is now exactly where Varys wanted him to be so I see no point to bring Varys back around.

Good points. I do really enjoy Varys, though.

I am just happy that Cersei Lannister finally got her just punishment.

This is how I enjoyed the episode this week :biggrin1:

$GoT Beer.jpg

Attachments

• $20150524_203904.jpg
    $20150524_203904.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 66
I personally enjoy the linear storytelling format. Shows that do this are always more enjoyable for me, I get annoyed now at "one off" episodes in shows that do little or nothing to progress the story. While I can see frustration with all the plotlines in GoT, I'm enjoying it. It's hell explaining it to my wife who only catches it every couple weeks or so over my shoulder and asks what's going on, and forgets who people are and how they're connected lol

Having not read the books, and hearing you guys explain the deviations, some which seem pretty big deals to me, is really tripping me out though. It's almost bothersome in a way.... Yes I'm entertained by the show as it is, and I know GRRM approves, but now I feel I have to read the darn things to really understand!

Top Bottom