What's new

Tallow HO! - Some Haslinger soaps contain blessed tallow

I read a thread over on Shave My Face that says Haslinger Coconut soap (from Austria) contain tallow.

I promptly ordered 2 pucks of Haslinger Coconut from Royal Shave. Another poster @ SMF says the Aloe scent also contains tallow. All who had used the Haslinger soaps liked them.

Has anyone over here tried them recently? I'm looking forward to another tallow based soap in the arsenal. :thumbup1:

http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=1587&title=haslinger-soap&cat=40

I have 2 of the soaps but honestly cant remember the scents. Both very light and the performance is fine. Tallow doesnt equal high perfomance to me though and I know 1 of them does has tallow as 3rd ingredient. TOTAL quality of ingredients is important to me personally. I would not recommend buying but find them to be good shave soaps. So many better choices out there.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Yes, I've tried them and regularly use Salbei (sage) and Ringelblumen. I was so impressed with my first puck I bought another and would purchase this product again.

For me, the easy to build lather is great with mild pleasant scents. The sage does take a little getting used to with its lightly blue tinged lather!

Underrated soap for sure. And for those who care, the current production lists tallow on the list of ingredients, not first but it's there.

I have 2 of the soaps but honestly cant remember the scents. Both very light and the performance is fine. Tallow doesnt equal high perfomance to me though and I know 1 of them does has tallow as 3rd ingredient. TOTAL quality of ingredients is important to me personally. I would not recommend buying but find them to be good shave soaps. So many better choices out there.

I'm fine with light scents. Performance matters most (to me) but the scent of the soap can't make my eyes water...(Arko I'm looking at you):lol:
Williams pretty much proves tallow does not = performance but in a well crafted soap I dig it.

Yes, I've tried them and regularly use Salbei (sage) and Ringelblumen. I was so impressed with my first puck I bought another and would purchase this product again.

For me, the easy to build lather is great with mild pleasant scents. The sage does take a little getting used to with its lightly blue tinged lather!

I can handle blue lather :thumbup1: the Sage sounds interesting.

Underrated soap for sure. And for those who care, the current production lists tallow on the list of ingredients, not first but it's there.

In the pictures in Joel's review I don't see tallow in the ingredients list so I wonder if it is a reformulation (for the better) or is tallow in certain scents and not others.

No matter, I'm glad to see it!

Joel's review was done a while back, I think it's been reformulated since. Here are a couple of current snapshots:

Honey/Honig:
proxy.php

Seaweed/Meeresalgen:
proxy.php

My Aloe has tallow listed too, though I don't have a snapshot to show yet.

I have used the Haslinger Coconut soap twice so far and I have to say I like it!

Mild coconut scent but really nice slick gooey lather. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom