What's new

Ever-Ready Knot size

Hello, can anyone tell me what knot size most ever-ready brushes have??. I had ordered 24mm knots from TGN to try my hand at some restorations, but it seems that Ever-ready's knots are generally 20mm-22mm. Does anyone know of vintage brushes's that use 24mm knots? Yeaa, I know, I should have posted this, and checked, before I ordered the knots.. I'm stupid that way.. The thing is, I actually had changed my order from 22mm to 24mm. Bit me right in the A**,,, Thanks

Last edited:
I put a 22mm in a 150B, but the hole could have easily been widened to accomodate a 24mm knot. I have seen some ER handles that most people put a 20mm knot in get widened to fit a 24. They risk creating a brush that looks out of proportion when in bloom, though.

You'll have to open up the hole some on most Ever-Readys to fit a 24mm. Or almost any vintage brush for that matter. Most of your vintage handles are around 20mm. But I've put 24's and even 26's in them. You just gotta open that hole up some more.

i just got a surrey brush in that will easily take a 24mm,its a nice design too.i havent decided what im going to reknot it with,maybe a silver tip?:thumbup1:

Attachments

• $DSCN0495.jpg
    $DSCN0495.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 130
I am worried about cracking the top of the handle when making it bigger to accept a 24 mm knot. Would be great if I could find a vintage brush with a 24mm knot already in place. But how do you know unless you actually have it in your hand. I find that most ever-readys are 20 -22 mm.

As long as you allow 2-3mm wall thickness there isn't any worry about cracking.Alot of ever readys have enough girth to handle 24-26mm knots. I use a stepped bit to bore the handles larger.If you come across any brushes you like you could hold a quarter against it to see if it is thick enough to have an 1/8th inch sidewall.

I have a Ever-Ready 50r That could be easily bored out to fit a 24mm . All the Ever-Ready's I have come across where 21mm knots originally anyway

Top Bottom