What's new

Frank Shaving brushes

Hi all-
So, I am learning about brushes and the different grades of hair. Silvertip is one of the better grades, and I would expect higher costs for such brushes.

However, this is a company I've seen on ebay (Frank Shaving) that has Silvertip brushes for 30-40 bucks.

Has anyone had any experience with these Frank brushes?

TIA!

Bill

thanks! I searched for "Frank Shaving" and didn't see this thread... no idea how I missed it. Embarrassing...

Been looking at getting one or two FS brushes (one finest and one silvertip).

They will be my first brushes, as im a complete newbie!

But, I was just wondering what your guys opinions were... should I get two FS brushes or one GB Kent brush?

Any other recomendations for brushes would be appreciated too

-Nyall

But, I was just wondering what your guys opinions were... should I get two FS brushes or one GB Kent brush?

-Nyall

Get one in Finest instead of Silvertip. I have both, and IMO, the Silvertip is too floppy. The Finests I have have decent backbone and density for the price point and are good brushes for a beginner - may be all you'll ever need unless you catch the acquisition disorder.

Get one in Finest instead of Silvertip. I have both, and IMO, the Silvertip is too floppy. The Finests I have have decent backbone and density for the price point and are good brushes for a beginner - may be all you'll ever need unless you catch the acquisition disorder.

I actually bought a Frank Shaving brush last night, in Finest too.
Now just the long wait until it arrives, and i reckon I will fall victim to the acquisition disorder haha

-Nyall

I have a FS Finest and Silvertip. The Finest has good backbone and the tips are reasonably soft. The Silvertip has softer tips but is definitely floppier than the Finest. The Finest works well with all soaps and creams. I use the Silvertip for creams and it works great for that purpose, so I don't consider the Silvertip too floppy for my usage.

If you get only one FS, definitely get the the Finest. If you like having multiple brushes, the two FS brushes will get the job done at a reasonable total cost.

Sorry, I don't anything about the GB Kent brushes, but for me having the two FS brushes works well.

Some day, I'm going to start a thread asking opinions about Frank Shaving brushes, modern Williams, Derbys/Dorcos and Lilac Vegetal all together just to see if I can bring down the entire site. :scared:

You forgot Feathers. Nothing will stop an intelligent conversation and bring out animosity, like a discussion of Feather blades. :001_rolle

I have a FS Finest and Silvertip. The Finest has good backbone and the tips are reasonably soft. The Silvertip has softer tips but is definitely floppier than the Finest. The Finest works well with all soaps and creams. I use the Silvertip for creams and it works great for that purpose, so I don't consider the Silvertip too floppy for my usage.

If you get only one FS, definitely get the the Finest. If you like having multiple brushes, the two FS brushes will get the job done at a reasonable total cost.

Sorry, I don't anything about the GB Kent brushes, but for me having the two FS brushes works well.

I too have one in Finest and it's a darn good brush. Broke in easily, bloomed intensely and didn't shed.

But... if you are on a budget and a newbie... really.... give the "mixed badger" a try. Under $15.00, it achieves an overall utility by mixing hair. Not the softest but it does have SOME softness. It definitely feels like a badger. Yet, it has plenty of backbone for soaps.

And.... if you don't want to wait for delivery from China, try Star Shaving. He's based in Oklahoma and has a pretty good line of brushes. His brushes do NOT always have the FS logo on them but they ARE FS brushes (At least I think so; if you have doubts, ask him) . He'll ship the same or next day. Very good service. (Watch his stock numbers to be certain that he has your brush in stock before you order.)

Top Bottom