What's new

Dr. Bronner's is da man!!

Just tried Dr B's Peppermint soap. I used it as a shampoo and body wash. Most impressed with the smell and the tingling sensation.

I know there are other threads on this subject, but just had to share the positive experience.

Comments always welcomed. Other of his soaps that you recommend would also be appreciated.

Mike

I like the soaps, particularly on a hot day when the cooling peppermint feels amazing. Just wish they lathered a bit better / lasted longer, but then again I do have some pretty hard water in my apartment.

+1

I too use the Dr. Bronner's as shampoo and body soap. Now I have the Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon and Tea Tree. If you have a problem lathering with them, which I couldn't get it to lather by rubbing it into the shower puff and then applying it, try rubbing the bar of soap over your body first and THEN going over with the shower puff. It produces a very abundant, rich lather this way, whereas I found the lather lacking when I did it the other way. I use shampoo only in a while now, as I've found the Dr. Bronner's does a great job of that already.

-Allen

I have the lavender soap bar and think it lathers just as good, if not better, than my other soaps. I will soon get some of their other scents. For those who've used both the soap bar and liquid soap, which do you prefer?

I only bought the liquid as I thought it would be more versatile. I don't have any trouble getting a lather on the puff with about 5 drops of the liquid soap.

I am going to try and add a drop to my shaving cream too.

I am trying an experiment re the shampoo as I want to make sure it doesn't dry my hair too much.

Mike

I bought some liquid lavendar & peppermint the other day when I was surprised to find it in our local Kroger - in the organic section, not with the other soaps and pharmacy stuff.
So far, so good. It seems to lather very easily, though it is kind of thin so you have to watch how much your squirt out. I use it as a shampoo too but I cut my hair w/ a 1 blade & clippers every week so I don;t really need to worry about it being too drying - though I could see how some people with longer hair could have issues.

I mixed up a batch of lavendar and peppermint - cut w/ a little water - to keep in my gym bag. Much nicer on my skin than the Old Spice body wash.

Nice stuff and not real pricey either for quality soap

Sounds like a good idea to mix the peppermint and lavender scents. Will buy some lavender and try that out.

I mixed 1/2 peppermint to 1/2 water and put it in one of those "foaming" pumps. It works great--isn't as drying as the anti bacterial stuff and has a great smell. Akso much cheaper than other hand soaps.

Mike

ps don't plan on trying it as a toothpaste but thanks for the warning

I'm surprised this stuff is getting so much love lately-- I thought everybody and thier mom used it. For years whenever I'd go over to friends or acquintances houses, they had some either by the bathroom or kitchen sink, and it's always around camping.

The stuff is versatile-- I've used it when camping for an all-around product for bathing, washing dishes (it's environment friendly, so campers like it for that), washing clothes, brushing teeth... it does everything, which is especially good if you're on a long 50 or 100 mile backpacking trip where you want to cut down on any weight you can.

Also, I'll occasionally add a couple drops to the breech of my brush after I lather up to create a super lather.

Hi-five for the score! You'll be using this stuff for years.

I do something similar, just about all the scents go well together so often I'll bathe with two bars of soap. The Peppermint and Lemon combination is my favorite.

On another note and it certainly doesn't make me love it any less, anyone else find that the Peppermint no longer tingles after the first one or two uses?

And really, how well does it work with shaving lather? I don't really plan on using it by itself for shaving lather, although sometimes the lather in the shower looks tempting enough! Nice and thick suds. I'm still tempted to swirl a little on the end of my brush.

-Allen

i put a few drops of peppermint on my shaving brush using the Proraso and wow!! great lather and interesting combo of peppermint and menthol

Mike

I have been using Dr. Bronner's bar soaps for awhile now...I buy six at a time, with each one lasting almost a week. I have no problem with lathering in the shower. I do not use a "puffy thing" I just use the bar of soap on my skin. I use all scents except the tea tree oil and the unscented. I will never go back to commercial soaps again.

Regards,

Based on what I've read on B&B, I went out and bought Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap. WOW!

I really, really like it. I'm definately going to check out the other varieties.

I've tried Peppermint, Lavender, Tea Tree, Almond, & Eucalyptus. All of them are excellent, though I have to be in just the right mood to enjoy the Eucalyptus.

Top Bottom