What's new

Smoothest SE Ever.

What do you think is the best SE ever?
My favorite is the ER Streamline. The Brits really know how to make razor.:thumbup1:
I really thought I heard a choir of Angels when I opened the case for the first time.
proxy.php

Last edited:
So far? My G-Bar. But since I only own 2 SEs my experience is kind of limited.:tongue_sm I plan to get my hands on a Damaskeene and a MMCC as soon as possible.:thumbup:

P

Pjotr

For me it's the SE blade that delivers the shave. I use the the milder ones when the blade is new and the more aggro ones as the blade gets older. I get a smooth shave from all of them. Don't know how I'd go just using one throughout the life of a blade as I've yet to try that. If I had to do that I think the Clog Pruf would probably win out as providing smooth, easy shaves regardless of blade age.

I'd have to say the Gem 1912, but I get smooth shaves with other types as well.

<snip>...I use the the milder ones when the blade is new and the more aggro ones as the blade gets older. I get a smooth shave from all of them. Don't know how I'd go just using one throughout the life of a blade as I've yet to try that.<snip>...

Interesting idea. I'm going to try this. Thanks for sharing.

JR

P

Pjotr

I'd have to say the Gem 1912, but I get smooth shaves with other types as well.

Interesting idea. I'm going to try this. Thanks for sharing.

JR

It's also a brilliant excuse for buying more SE razors. You have to buy more so you can extend the life of your blade and hence in the long run save you some money. See, the little voice in my head is just so clever. Go away, little voice!!

My favorite and the one I get the most consistent smooth shaves with is the 1924 (a.k.a. "shovelhead").
I guess the right razor that gives consistent smooth shaves really is a matter of preference and opinion. :straight:

Alucard73,

My English Ever-Ready 1912 & my GEM Micromatic Open Comb.

For me, absolutely super shavers :smile:

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

It's also a brilliant excuse for buying more SE razors. You have to buy more so you can extend the life of your blade and hence in the long run save you some money. See, the little voice in my head is just so clever. Go away, little voice!!

Yes, I see! And, thats clearly good enough for me :lol:

I only own 1 (the MMOC ) but the smoothness compared to a DE is dramatic.
I am going to be on the lookout for a nice G-Bar

full

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite and the one I get the most consistent smooth shaves with is the 1924 (a.k.a. "shovelhead").
I guess the right razor that gives consistent smooth shaves really is a matter of preference and opinion. :straight:

That is the only one I can never get consistent results with for whatever reason. I think all of the water it retains degrades the carbon blades I use at an accelerated rate.

I've tried most of them. So far my favorite is the Micromatic Colg Pruf. I still need to get a rounded head Damaskeene and a Streamline.

I have a couple user grade Damaskeenes for sale over at BST. Here is a better pic of my fav...the Streamline.
proxy.php

Top Bottom