What's new

What are you listening to?

sheet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope there isn't another thread like this one already!

This week I've been listening to the finest export to come out of Canada since Moosehead lager...

Snakes and Arrows by the YYZed lads...

RUSH

Holly Cole's Shade.

If you haven't heard this Canadian singer, you're really missing something. About half of Shade has her singing smoking-hot versions of old tunes on the subject of summer heat--Heat Wave, Something Cool, Too Darn Hot.

These days I've been listening to a few things:

1) The Weakerthans, an indie band from Canada
2) Dubstep, a sub-genre of the UK garage scene
3)Tokyo Police Club
4) Death From Above 1979
5) Bobby Timmons

And always in my rotation during every rainy season: Etta James - Mystery Lady: The Songs of Billie Holiday

The latest:
Richard Thompson's Sweet Warrior
Southern Culture on the Skids's Countripolitan
Evidence's How Green
Lars Danielsson Trio- several different live recordings
Funkadelic's Maggot Brain
and some early Mills Brothers' recordings

These days I've been listening to a few things:

1) The Weakerthans, an indie band from Canada
2) Dubstep, a sub-genre of the UK garage scene
3) Tokyo Police Club
4) Death From Above 1979
5) Bobby Timmons

And always in my rotation during every rainy season: Etta James - Mystery Lady: The Songs of Billie Holiday

So is Currituck County over with? Or is TPC just the guy's side project? He sure is talented.

My rental car has XM Radio, so Sunday night I found the Comedy Station (150 I think) and haven't turned it off yet. Tears in my eyes more often than ever before.

So is Currituck County over with? Or is TPC just the guy's side project? He sure is talented.

This was recommended to me recently by a friend living in Arizona. I don't really know much about the background of the band members yet. But, I've found Currituck County on one of my download sites, and can't wait to hear it.

I basically listen to what my son is into at the moment...currently:

lots of old cowboy music (Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, Sons of the Pioneers)
the beatles (a lot of magical mystery tour and the white album)

when given my choice of music:
pixies
beatles

S

sullivanpm

I love Miles Runs the Voodoo Down on that album. Great tune. Speaking of Miles, are you also a fan of On The Corner?
Yeah I like Miles' "cool Jazz" (Birth of the Cool,Kind of Blue) as well as his "jazz fusion" albums like Bitches Brew and On the Corner.

My favorite Is Kind of Blue. I can listen to it over and over. I wore my vinyl (that I picked up at a garage sale)and had to buy it on CD.

Top Bottom